DVDVR Message Board

2018 NFL OFFSEASON THREAD

RIPPA

Dolphins Owner Stephen Ross was reported in the NY Daily News as saying at some awards dinner that All of his players would stand for the anthem next season.  

It sounds like he sobered up and realized how dumb that was to say because he now says the quote was mischaracterized.  

• Haha 1

20 hours ago, Craig H said:

The first team in the XFL might as well be the Texans.

Well, to be fair, the XFL will probably more closely embody the values the US was founded on - strippers in hot tubs, and the right to unblock a clogged toilet with an AK-47. :D

12 minutes ago, Dolfan in NYC said:

Richard Sherman has been saying goodbye to his teammates and says he does not expect to play in Seattle next season. 

32 minutes ago, BrianS81177 said:

Bennett and a 7th rounder to Philly for a 5th rounder and WR Marcus Johnson

So, the Browns could have had him for a 5th rounder and Seth DeValve?  Did Bennett talk shit about Starbucks? Did he have a leg amputated?  How is one of the best pass rushers in the NFL not worth more than that?

5 hours ago, supremebve said:

So, the Browns could have had him for a 5th rounder and Seth DeValve?  Did Bennett talk shit about Starbucks? Did he have a leg amputated?  How is one of the best pass rushers in the NFL not worth more than that?

Well one reason might be because he's only had 1 season of double digit sacks in the 9 years he's been playing (he had 10 in 2015). Don't get me wrong, he's very good and the Hawks are going to be hard pressed to find someone to replace him (especially since odds are Cliff Avril will be cut to save cap money too). I'm actually not opposed to this. Not because "DURR NATIONAL ANTHEM DURR" (I could not care less what those guys do during the anthem) but because it seems like every offseason he starts grumbling about his contract. Now don't get me wrong, Bennett still has a lot left in the tank and by all accounts is pretty well liked by all his team mates so he's not gonna be the dreaded locker room cancer, I'll just be glad to not have an offseason of hearing that he's unhappy with his contract. This helps them out over the next few years too. By trading him before the 18th (when he was owed a 3 million dollar roster bonus) they'll save 21 million over the next 3 years. I think Seattle is going to quietly begin a rebuild of the defense while hoping Russell Wilson can keep pulling miracles out of his ass and making the offense look better than it actually is. 

Teammates love him but I think the Las Vegas police nonsense soured management on Bennett a little bit. Couple that with production that doesn't match the hype or the contract... 

He probably misheard them and was really asked if he liked zen.

NFL locker rooms are too manly for practicing buddhists.

Okay, in all seriousness, i got nuthin'.  How do teams not learn their lesson on this issue?