DVDVR Message Board

2018 NFL OFFSEASON THREAD

RIPPA

I can't blame them, Keenum surprised everyone this year but some players have one year resurgences and then go back to being who we thought they were. They can always fall back on Bridgewater (or still sign Keenum but not for the tag number) if they don't get Cousins. They will only get screwed if they go so hard on Cousins that other QBs get signed and they don't get their second pick.

1 hour ago, RIPPA said:

And the Panthers released Jonathan Stewart

Could this be a NEW DIFFERENT Marty Hurney Era???

giphy.gif&key=2ecec5a8a1afb8b9c5faf16b56

I'm assuming this was done to free up cap space for multiple, more expensive free agent running backs.  

And then to draft one.

And then to give Christian McCaffrey an extension.

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

On 2/26/2018 at 2:26 PM, West Newbury Bad Boy said:

Blake Bortles is a cool name.

In other news involving dudes whose name is an alliteration, NYT is reporting Jerry Jones may be fined millions of dollars by the league. 

giphy.gif

• Like 3

Kirk Cousins has narrowed his new team list to 4:   Minnesota, Arizona, Denver, and the Airplanes.  Said airplanes are reportedly convinced Cousins will be a Viking next year.  

Also, Jarvis Landry will sign his Franchise tender.  His people have been given permission to seek out a trade.   There was rumors of a trade to Chicago straight up for Jordan Howard, but that doesn't appear to be happening. 

All three of those teams except the Vikings are in the deep dark QB wilderness. The closest thing to known  young commodities on any of those other three teams are Siemian, Lynch and Awfullier, and they're all known as shit. Also I'm pretty sure Trevor Siemian is actually the doofus guy from Birdemic. If Chad Kelly can tone down his ruffian antics long enough to stick around, he's got to have more ability than those other aforementioned dweebs. The Jets have an ancient journeyman, Hackenberg (who apparently still hasn't thrown a regular pass; I had to check) and who knows what other pedestrians and misfits as their signal caller stable. Cardinals only have a couple of retreads that register as non-entities as far as legitimate starting QB's go. Unfortunately all three of those teams pick way before the Vikings do so even though they need an immediate upgrade the least, if that's what they want, it's Cousins or nothing. Still I wouldn't do it. Keenum may have limitations but so the fuck does Cousins, in the form of late game pants wetting. The Vikings would be better off sticking with Case for another season and taking a flier on Jackson.

The Houston Chronicle reported on Sunday that the Texans were not going to even consider signing anyone who knelt during the National Anthem.  

The Texans responded to that report this morning calling it "inaccurate."  This of course means, it was 100% on the money. 

• Haha 2