DVDVR Message Board

2018 NFL OFFSEASON THREAD

RIPPA

41 minutes ago, SirFozzie said:

I'm actually kinda disappointed that Rippa isn't looking for the bridge to jump off about Shula news. :)

They didn't hire Dave Shula, so he has that going for him.

I think its going to be one of those slow-burn things for Rippa.  This year will be fine, but next year if the Giants keep under-performing the whispers will begin that Shula might take over as the interim head coach.  Then we'll see small cracks appear in Rippa, he'll start live tweeting the TNA re-stream on Twitch with nothing but positives and start posting about all his Little Miss Bliss merch in the Wrestling Merchandise Thread.  Then it'll be comments about how he misses Rovert's insight and that maybe he should re-open the Politics folder.

Finally after three bad seasons Shula will be made head coach and given a 5 year contract extension and Rippa's poor family will have to break down the door to find their loved one dressed up as Dolph Ziggler kissing a mirror and saying "I'm still over, they think I'm funny".

Truly the birth of Broken Rippa and the ushering in of the bleakest timeline.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Dolphins moves are expected.  Thomas was alright, Timmons was a cuckoo banana.   

The more interesting questions are:  

1) Do they cut Suh?  They want cap space and there's more than one hot take on sending him away.

2) Do they rescind the franchise tender on Landry?  Reports are running wild that they are trying to trade him for a 1, which they will not get, or a 2, which a team would have to be desperate to give.  What makes a little more sense is this tag is stall tactic for them to negotiate longer while making sure another team doesn't swoop in and pick him off.  

3 hours ago, dogwelder said:

Jags are giving Bortles a 3 year extension

Good for him! Like seeing good things happen to people who get shit on by snarky types who aren't nearly as clever or funny as they think they are. I hope he wins a Super Bowl.