DVDVR Message Board

2018 NFL OFFSEASON THREAD

RIPPA

On 1/15/2018 at 2:56 PM, Brian Fowler said:

I'm just gonna quote our old friend Bill's response to this argument

Well the Raiders had apparently the highest paid O-Line in the NFL this season and at one point Derek Carr had whatever the stat was the shortest amount of time from the snap of the ball to pressure in his face.  You can have 5 1st rounders on the line if they're busts they're busts you can have 5 undrafted free agents and you can have an inpenetrable wall in front of the QB.  A coach can do a lot but if the guys you pack lack desire or discipline not much you can do about that.  That being said I am not a fan of recycling guys that have been there before but since they did it at the top may as well see if Tom Flores s bored

Wow did those goal posts ever shift. You claimed they spent all their money on Russell and the defense abd went dumpster diving on the O-Line, which is demonstrably false. If the high picks and solid free agents didn't develop or gel, consistently, you'd generally blame coaching.

The NFL has found the Raiders to be in compliance with the Rooney Rule in their hiring of Jon Gruden.   

I'd assume this meant that as Mark Davis was leaving the stadium one day, he rolled down his window to a security guard, asked him if he wanted to be head coach, and drove away laughing. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, dogwelder said:

Titans hire Mike Vrabel to be their head coach.

WHAT?!!!  Did they see the Texans D this year?! They saw that and said, that's a motivator of men?  That's a defensive genius? Oh my god.

Does that mean Romeo Crennell comes back to be D Coordinator for the Texans, or are we all in on Anthony Midget.   Because, who the fuck knows what's going on at this point. 

15 hours ago, Lawful Metal said:

Does that mean Romeo Crennell comes back to be D Coordinator for the Texans, or are we all in on Anthony Midget.   Because, who the fuck knows what's going on at this point. 

Per reports - it is Crennell

Just now, dogwelder said:

So let's see if the rumors about Keenum going to wherever Shurmur end up being true.

I highly doubt it since the Giants are planning on drafting a QB and keeping Eli for another year

5 minutes ago, Tabe said:

So much for those "Matt Patricia to New York is a done deal" stories from a week or so ago. 

Well that's because the story for over a week has been Patricia to Detroit

• Like 1

On 1/19/2018 at 1:47 PM, Dolfan in NYC said:

The NFL has found the Raiders to be in compliance with the Rooney Rule in their hiring of Jon Gruden.   

I'd assume this meant that as Mark Davis was leaving the stadium one day, he rolled down his window to a security guard, asked him if he wanted to be head coach, and drove away laughing. 

Did he have a conversation with Vince McMahon Sr's chauffeur?

12 hours ago, Brian Fowler said:

Well that's because the story for over a week has been Patricia to Detroit

It was the story before the stories I was referring to as well. The "Patricia to New York" stories were pretty obviously fake and planted and Patricia was never going anywhere else. 

Career backup QB Matt Moore is done in Miami.  The Dolphins will give David Fales a chance to be the backup.  Once that fales... WORD PLAY... they'll probably get a QB in the draft.   Possibly Josh Allen.   This is probably a good idea.

Oh, and Jarvis Landry is going to hit free agency because the Miami Dolphins think #1 receivers grow on trees.  This is probably not a good idea.