DVDVR Message Board

2018 NFL OFFSEASON THREAD

RIPPA

4 hours ago, Serious Darius Bagfelt said:

Not his fault the Seahawks spent all their money on Wilson and the defense leaving them to dumpster dive for O Line. 

I'm just gonna quote our old friend Bill's response to this argument

I honestly don't know who coaches the Colts, but I sure as hell don't want it to be McDaniels.

The Titans thing is weird, but maybe the Titans saw Mularky as being opposite day Jeff Fisher. 

21 minutes ago, Craig H said:

FUCK EVERYTHING

Colts expected to hire Josh McDaniels.

To paraphrase what another poster said about Norv Turner a couple of pages ago... if I could send a "I'm sorry about your team hiring Josh McDaniels as your head coach" I totally would.

Josh is the Vince Russo of NFL coaches.

• Haha 1

Maybe he's gotten better over these past few years...

Maybe he won't be bootleg Belichick...

Who am I kidding.

And besides, the GM still sucks. They're relying on Gore like a broke person relies on their 2005 Honda Civic with 150,000 miles on it. Come on baby, just get me through one more year. Just one more, please! Who knows if Andrew Luck will play again and if he does, will he be any good. 

I was assuming McDaniels to the Titans.  Who do the Titans expect to walk in that door?  I figured they had a plan if they were going to fire Mularkey like that.  Is it Vrabel?  Really?  I like Vrabel, but he didn't really light the world on fire as a DC in Houston the one year he was a coordinator. 

2 hours ago, Craig H said:

Maybe he's gotten better over these past few years...

Maybe he won't be bootleg Belichick...

Who am I kidding.

And besides, the GM still sucks. They're relying on Gore like a broke person relies on their 2005 Honda Civic with 150,000 miles on it. Come on baby, just get me through one more year. Just one more, please! Who knows if Andrew Luck will play again and if he does, will he be any good. 

You hit the nail on the head. To me, it speaks volumes that Peyton Manning decided to retire as a Bronco and not a Colt. The same organizational disfunctions are still in place: vapid ownership and just building around a franchise quarterback that if he goes dow you're screwed.

I wouldn't be shocked if McDaniels winds up being a lot better in a good spot. I think he's learned a lot more, I think the fact that Belichick took him right back (unlike the parade of failed former assistants) and put him back in charge of the offense speaks volumes, I think the funny parallel to Belichick's own career could possibly mean something....

But I'm not sure Indy, right now, is a spot anyone could succeed.

Our fans have apparently decided to thank Blake Bortles for wrecking the hated yinzers by donating to his charity ala Bills fans with the Red Rifle. I think this is a trend we can all get behind. If it continues and he beats the Pats his foundation will end up the richest charity on earth.

3 hours ago, Death From Above said:

The Browns are reportedly interviewing Ben McAdoo. That sounds just about right.

Well he might be one of those guys who is just better as a coordinator than a head coach. Like Wade Phillips or Hue Ja.... Oh. Right.

Jets fire OC John Morton

Apparently they were hoping someone else would hire him so they wouldn't actually have to fire him and "look bad" since Morton is well liked

13 hours ago, Dolfan in NYC said:

The Steelers have announced that OC Todd Haley will not return next season. 

So Big Ben won that power play.  That would seem to indicate he won't be retiring.