DVDVR Message Board

2018 NFL OFFSEASON THREAD

RIPPA

Per reports out of Charlotte - Brian France - NASCAR's current CEO - is leading a group that hopes to buy the Panthers

That obviously would ease any fears about a new owner trying to move the team

• Like 1

"We need to sell the team. The owner might have said some racist stuff. Let's sell it to the idiot son of the guy who made NASCAR a ton of money, and supported Trump in the last election. That will make this all blow over".

I would love to see the Panthers stay in Charlotte. There doesn't seem to be any real reason to move them, but please find someone better than the guy running NASCAR into the ground to do it please.

I didn't watch it but from looking at Twitter this Kirk cousins live interview by Grant and danny from 106.7 seems like vintage Redskins with the combination of Skins fans 50/50 on whether they want him and 'reporters' who are treating this like a major news story.  Even though he said nothing

1 hour ago, Gonzo said:

The limitations of the English language prevent me from registering the proper reaction to this news.

"Hello...this is 911 speaking. What is your emergency?"

"Hi, I would like to report a robbery."

• Haha 3

Bill Cowher is suddenly rethinking his career options.

Also, anyone else read the ESPN article on tensions inside the Patriots?  Fascinating read.  Supposedly, some staffers think this will be the last year for Belichick/Kraft/Brady due to internal disagreements.  I don't quite believe that, but....

I can believe that trading Garappolo was done over Hoodie's objections because it seemed like an odd, un-Patriots move.  

I think that article got written that way because, "Welp, House of Cards is blowed-up now, let's find something else that smacks of unspoken strife and simmering drama and try to gin up some clicks."

That said, given the utter bilge and pseudoscience that's in that book of Brady's, and the matter-of-fact takedown 538 did on it...well...love the guy for nabbing the team 5 Super Bowls, but bro, you're a fucking idiot, and so is your not-a-doctor pal Alex. So I can believe there's a grain or seven of truth to that article.

• Like 1

Guest Stefanie Without Stefanie

The New York Daily News posted something about Belichick wanting to go to the Giants. I imagine it should be taken with many grains of salt.

As I was thinking of Marvin Lewis, Andy Reid fits this description as well and that is:

They are both good coaches to get bad or mediocre teams into being a good/great team but they will never get them over the hump. They are what I call the Buck Showalters of football

6 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

Hey! Marty won a UFL Title!

Oh man, thanks for that. This led to the following train of thought:

- "Surely Phil means 'USFL' right?"

- Search for USFL coaches turns up no Marty.

- Search for UFL turns up one in the 60s and one recent one. "Surely it can't be the recent one..."

- Marty's Wikipedia page. "Yup, it's the recent one. Oy vey."

- And then the money shot from Wikipedia...

Television work

He has recently[when?] been seen on SportsCenter and NFL Live.

On 1/5/2018 at 1:43 PM, Elsalvajeloco said:

"Hello...this is 911 speaking. What is your emergency?"

"Hi, I would like to report a robbery."

I got to hear Chucky on commentary for the 1st time in some years yesterday and I'm already sick of his ass.

Can't wait for the first pictures of him standing next to Davis on the sideline.

What a couple of shitty haircuts.

• Like 1