Steve Hutchinson, OG
Alan Faneca, OG

Seniors Finalists:
Jerry Kramer, G
Robert Brazile, LB

Senior Contributor Finalist:
Bobby Beathard

9 hours ago, sabremike said:

Unless I missed something and we are now a CFL team we absolutely can do better.

I swear everyone forgets the Bengals before Marvin Lewis.  I'm a Browns fan, and refused to root for the other Ohio team when they Browns were taken away.  The Bengals were the Browns without the storied history.  That is still probably the worst run franchise in the history of the sport, and Marvin Lewis somehow kept them relevant for 15 years.

Oh, the Bengals were very bad b/w Sam Wyche and Marvin Lewis, no question.  But at some point, you have to move on from a guy who hasn't won a playoff game in his 15 year tenure.  But Mike Brown is content with mediocrity and having a coach who won't rock the boat, while he makes money hand over fist.

• Like 2

Sam Wyche had a winning record with the Bengals (53-51) and took them to the Super Bowl.

If that is "very bad" than Cincy fans have WAY too high of standards

Edit - okay misread, Wyche was 61-66 overall but he still took them to the Super Bowl that they almost won if not for Joe Montana

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, paragon11 said:

2018 Hall of Fame Finalists:

Ray Lewis, LB -- Yes
Brian Urlacher, LB -- Yes
Edgerrin James, RB -- Yes
Randy Moss, WR -- Yes
Terrell Owens, WR -- Should already be in
Isaac Bruce, WR -- very good, not HOF, especially with the other WRs on the list
John Lynch, S -- Nope
Brian Dawkins, S -- Yep
Everson Walls, DB -- Nope
Ty Law, CB -- Yes
Tony Boselli, OT -- Why isn't he already in?
Kevin Mawae, C -- Is Dermonti Dawson in?  If so, Yes, If not, Hell no
Joe Jacoby, OT -- I'm not sure
Steve Hutchinson, OG -- Uh...maybe
Alan Faneca, OG -- Yes

Seniors Finalists:
Jerry Kramer, G
Robert Brazile, LB

Senior Contributor Finalist:
Bobby Beathard

I'm pretty sure I put too many in, but T.O. and Boselli should already be in.

1 minute ago, paragon11 said:

Oh, the Bengals were very bad b/w Sam Wyche and Marvin Lewis, no question.  But at some point, you have to move on from a guy who hasn't won a playoff game in his 15 year tenure.  But Mike Brown is content with mediocrity and having a coach who won't rock the boat, while he makes money hand over fist.

You really blame Marvin Lewis for losing those playoff games?  We should be praising him for getting that far with Andy Dalton as his quarterback (Check Andy Dalton's playoff stats and ask yourself who could have won with that).  I think he would have won a playoff game or two that year Carson Palmer blew out his knee, but that didn't happen.  You don't HAVE TO get rid of one of the two quality coaches in the history of the franchise.

1 minute ago, supremebve said:

You have far too many since the class can be 8 people max and the Senior guys get in automatically so max 5 of the finalists will get in

4 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

You have far too many since the class can be 8 people max and the Senior guys get in automatically so max 5 of the finalists will get in

The first 5 should go in this year.  If Bruce gets in before T.O. or Randy Moss I'll boycott the place I've only been once, despite growing up less than a half an hour away.

1 hour ago, supremebve said:

I swear everyone forgets the Bengals before Marvin Lewis.  I'm a Browns fan, and refused to root for the other Ohio team when they Browns were taken away.  The Bengals were the Browns without the storied history.  That is still probably the worst run franchise in the history of the sport, and Marvin Lewis somehow kept them relevant for 15 years.

Yeah like I'm not totally aware of the pre Lewis days. Being better than fucking Dave Shula, Dick Lebeau and Bruce Coslet isn't some great fucking accomplishment. What other team in the entire goddamned league would keep a coach who hadn't won a playoff team in FIFTEEN years? You know the answer to that. Oh and also the team is a complete embarrassment that makes me ashamed to be a fan in a way even those 90's teams didn't. Those teams were horrible but they didn't make our name synonymous with players in the NFL being arrested.

1 hour ago, supremebve said:

You really blame Marvin Lewis for losing those playoff games?  We should be praising him for getting that far with Andy Dalton as his quarterback (Check Andy Dalton's playoff stats and ask yourself who could have won with that).  I think he would have won a playoff game or two that year Carson Palmer blew out his knee, but that didn't happen.  You don't HAVE TO get rid of one of the two quality coaches in the history of the franchise.

Forgetting Forrest Gregg is bad enough, but forgetting PAUL BROWN??????? Jesus Christ.

Also as awful as this sounds the best thing that could happen to us is Mike Brown assuming room temperature and the team being bought by competent owners. Basically an old man Wirtz in Chicago situation.

1 minute ago, sabremike said:

Forgetting Forrest Gregg is bad enough, but forgetting PAUL BROWN??????? Jesus Christ.

For what it is worth, Forrest Gregg was the coach up until I was 2 years old, and Paul Brown coached before I was born.  I'm 36-years-old and Marvin Lewis and Sam Wyche are the only two Bengals coaches who have been worth a damn in my life.  

The problem with talking about the arrests under Marvin Lewis is that those players seem to have improved their behavior under Lewis.  If you would have told me Pacman Jones would still be in the league in 2018, I would have laughed my ass off 10 years ago.  He's not been a model citizen, but he hasn't done anything that deserves prison time in quite a while. . . 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, supremebve said:

For what it is worth, Forrest Gregg was the coach up until I was 2 years old, and Paul Brown coached before I was born.  I'm 36-years-old and Marvin Lewis and Sam Wyche are the only two Bengals coaches who have been worth a damn in my life.  

The problem with talking about the arrests under Marvin Lewis is that those players seem to have improved their behavior under Lewis.  If you would have told me Pacman Jones would still be in the league in 2018, I would have laughed my ass off 10 years ago.  He's not been a model citizen, but he hasn't done anything that deserves prison time in quite a while. . . 

Including Sam and Marvin I think the only other Bengals coaches in that span were Shula, Coslet and Lebeau. For a team that has been godawful we have had incredibly few coaching changes. 

17 hours ago, Death From Above said:

So wait, are you suggesting Tom Brady is the Soul of Cinder from Dark Souls III? Because if he's an amalgamation of the powers of multiple dead football players, back in corporeal form to serve as the end boss, that explains a great deal.

Unfamiliar with the reference because I haven't played it, but that sounds about right. Extra points for Jen too for no reason.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, sabremike said:

Unless I missed something and we are now a CFL team we absolutely can do better.

You didn't miss anything, you are indeed no better than a CFL team.

• Like 1

Lewis, Moss, Urlacher, Boselli and Lynch for the Hall along with Kramer and Beathard. And I'm not a huge Lewis guy, but he's as decorated as any defensive player in the history of the  NFL. I would vote for Owens, but in my opinion Moss is the second best wide receiver ever behind Jerry Rice. Urlacher is a first ballot guy. Boselli is the best tackle of his generation not named Jonathan Ogden. And I had to homer pick Lynch because Steve Atwater and Karl Mecklenburg were taken off the ballot.

I'm still amazed that a franchise that has been to eight Super Bowls has five Hall of Famers. Randy Gradishar, Louis Wright, Steve Atwater and Karl Mecklenburg should absolutely be in the Hall and Rod Smith, Tom Nalen and Jason Elam should get more consideration.