DVDVR Message Board

2018 NFL OFFSEASON THREAD

RIPPA

At the moment - current coaching vacancies are

Giants

Colts

Raiders

Coaches who have been told they are safe

Todd Bowles (by virtue of the two year extension right before the Week 17 games)

Hue Jackson

Jay Gruden

I'm actually glad the Seahawks missed the playoffs. That team needed a wake up call. It's time to stop loading up the defense while going bargain basement with the offensive line. Their recent draft picks on the O-line have all been busts. I don't know if you blame that on Carroll and Scheider for drafting poorly or on Tom Cable for not coaching and developing them properly. Russell Wilson had another solid season (almost 4000 yards, 34 TDs vs 11 picks) but could have done so much better had he had time to throw the ball. The biggest sign they need to beef up the O line is the fact that Wilson was their leading rusher for the season with 586 yards. Personally I think they're going to look a lot different next year. I don't see any way they keep Jimmy Graham, Kam Chancellor and Cliff Avril may both have to retire due to injury, Sheldon Richardson is a free agent and has said he would like to return to New York (though he's also said he could see himself staying here), Paul Richardson (their number 2 WR) is a free agent and Michael Bennett (while still productive) has said he doesn't think he'll be back next year (they can cut him without taking too big of a hit in the cap - and they are in a pretty dire cap situation). It's time to build the team around Russell Wilson, not give him whatever scrap heaps they can find and hope he drags them along. 

• Like 1

Updated List

At the moment - current coaching vacancies are

• Giants
  • Colts
  • Raiders
  • Lions
  • Bears

It was reported in the overnight that John Elway was going to fire Vance Jospeh but then started having 2nd thoughts so we shall see

Albert Breer says the Lions have requested to interview Texans DC Mike Vrabel. They also want to interview Panthers DC Steve Wilks but they can't do that until after the Panthers/Saints game

Can someone explain to me how Hue Jackson keeps his job?  I really don't get it.  I get that the party line is "old gm didn't get the players", but how can you bring back a coach that's 1-31?  He might be a good coach, he might even have the support of the owner and players, but I don't see how you sell a 1-31 coach as the guy to turn things around.  If nothing else, the optics look terrible.  If I'm a season ticket holder, why should I buy into what this guy is selling?