DVDVR Message Board

UPCOMING VIDEO GAMES TALK (2018 & Beyond)

RIPPA

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, RIPPA said:

Casey Hudson - in his "For the love of God please buy Anthem" post - again insists that Bioware is working on Dragon Age and another Mass Effect

To be fair it likely is more a please buy Anthem so we can actually put those other two games out plea.

• Like 1

I've been getting a lot of adverts for PS4 PUBG lately. Coming soon. What fantastic timing. Not only do you give Fortnite over a year as the most popular Battle Royal game, you also wait until after Call of Duty do their Battle Royal mode. May as well have not bothered.

Spoiler

A new Far Cry game is about to be announced. It appears to be direct sequel to Far Cry 5.

I am using spoilers because the teaser - heck even the screen cap - spoil the ending of 5

On ‎11‎/‎29‎/‎2018 at 1:36 PM, RIPPA said:

Casey Hudson - in his "For the love of God please buy Anthem" post - again insists that Bioware is working on Dragon Age and another Mass Effect

Fuck Anthem.

I am also probably past ever playing a Dragon Age or Mass Effect game ever again since I have no faith that support for the games will be anything but complete shit, although gameplay footage and release dates may test that resentment.

• Like 1

Looks like Boon announced Mortal Kombat XI for 4/23.  Given that Netherrealm has been rock solid at least since MK9 (and I liked MK/DCU better than a lot of people), I'm very happy that they stuck to the "game every other spring" schedule.

EDIT TO ADD: El Dragon posted the trailer, which I hadn't seen, while I was typing.

Not gonna lie, on a night with like a billion new game trailers, I thought MK XI might have been the single worst game trailer of the whole show.

Also yet another show comes and goes without any hint of Borderlands 3. What the fuck man Pre Sequel is almost half a decade old, how can you not have a trailer with a generic "Out in (year with no specific date)" yet. Rage 2 is picking up free sales here simply by existing in the same headspace and Rage 1 wasn't even good.

• Like 1