DVDVR Message Board

UPCOMING VIDEO GAMES TALK (2018 & Beyond)

RIPPA

On 6/21/2018 at 10:11 PM, Cliff Hanger said:

Fangamer and Retronauts launched a Kickstarter for the Flip Grip, a holder for the Switch and Joycons that will allow you to play games on the tablet in vertical mode without needing a stand. It's $12 and expected to ship in Nov, and it looks pretty cool--they thought hard about things like ventilation, access to jacks and card slots, etc. It's also already at 80% funded in 8 hours or so, so it's pretty guaranteed to make its seed.  (When it drops, I'll probably finally buy Punch-Out!!)

Holy shit! That's great. I'm in.

On ‎6‎/‎11‎/‎2018 at 12:44 PM, Tromatagon said:

File this one under

FUCK

YEAH

MOTHER

FUCKER

TTATATATATATATATATATATATATATATATATATATA~!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

FUCK YEAH~!!!

Over the past few months, the wildest rumors in video game industry circles haven’t involved the PlayStation 5 or Xbox Two. The most interesting chatter has centered on a tech company that’s been quietly making moves to tackle video games in a big way: Google, the conglomerate that operates our email, our internet browsers, and much more.

We haven’t heard many specifics about Google’s video game plans, but what we have heard is that it’s a three-pronged approach: 1) Some sort of streaming platform, 2) some sort of hardware, and 3) an attempt to bring game developers under the Google umbrella, whether through aggressive recruiting or even major acquisitions. That’s the word from five people who have either been briefed on Google’s plans or heard about them secondhand.

https://kotaku.com/sources-google-is-planning-a-game-platform-that-could-1827217387

They kinda do, since you can buy stuff through Twitch and Twitch Prime has freebie games every so often, and at least have a monthly loot crate deal with Blizzard. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/24/2018 at 5:54 PM, christopher.annino said:

Guacamelee 2 pre-order is up with 20% off for PS+ folks. Quickest sixteen bucks I ever spent ($19.99 reg). Comes out August 21.

Not to mention that Chasm is out on July 31, Dead Cells is on August 7, Death's Gambit on August 14, and then Guacamelee 2 on August 21. Also, Shenmue 1 & 2 and Yakuza Kiwami 2 in August.

Sony wants to make sure my wallet is dead.

• Like 1

Tell me about it - my backlog is already huge and I've also got Fire Pro and Spiderman pre-ordered, and it's just a matter of a couple months of earned PS card points (I get about $10-20 worth a month) before I snag Red Dead 2.

I need a vacation exclusively to play games, damnit.

• Like 1

Improve in which way? Honestly the first time I played the game I instantly fell in love with the style and story, but I remember getting really stuck on certain platforming puzzles and being turned off for a while. Revisited the game later and somehow quickly got past what was holding me up and the rest of the game kind of flowed much easier. I finished on regular mode and then went back through the hardest mode so I can get the Platinum and at that point the game just flew by.

I preordered Dragon Ball FighterZ and am excited for it. I will be getting the first SNES Butoden game. 

But some of the DLC annoys me. Characters like Bardock and Broly should be day one characters. But with Bandai, you have to deal with the fact Bandai hates me and I hate Bandai. But they hold something I love so I have to deal with them. 

Xenoverse 2 is frustrating because of the damn TP Medal store. Where you have to wait for items. But at least FighterZ seems to have lit a fire under the Xenoverse 2 team.

Since when was Shenmue 1 & 2 coming out on PS4 this month? Because it's on pre-order in the PSN store at £22.49.

Guess my Dreamcast copy of Shemue 2 (European edition) is not the goldmine it might once have been. Maybe I should have actually played it at some point in the last couple decades.

Today's Nintendo Direct dropped 2 new Smash Bros characters: King K. Rool and Simon Belmont, with Richter as an Echo (reskin) and Dracula's Castle as a stage.  And they announced that between new and returning stages, they're hitting 100 stages (not counting Omega variants) and 28 hours of music.

Simon Belmont was my #2 most wanted character after they had added Sonic and Mega Man (Bomberman is my #1 choice, and i'm happy he's at least included as an Assist). crazy hyped for this one. this will end up being what makes me buy a switch.