DVDVR Message Board

UPCOMING VIDEO GAMES TALK (2018 & Beyond)

RIPPA

1 hour ago, Tromatagon said:

It's coming out on RDR2 day and will be murdered but I hope it does well.

I'm also glad it retains the PSX translation since I'm about to launch a website called Miserable Pile of Secrets

I was more concerned with item placement than the translation.  The 2 Saturn Familars they wedged in just weren't worth making the Holy Sword a rare drop instead of a placed item.  Although the Maria fight was probably the best thing about the PSP version.

Outside of them making trophies around leveling up Familars, I might finally be able to platinum a game.

2 hours ago, Tromatagon said:

It's coming out on RDR2 day and will be murdered but I hope it does well.

I'm also glad it retains the PSX translation since I'm about to launch a website called Miserable Pile of Secrets

It's a $15 digital-only release, a cash grab that'll likely have a long tail. I don't think they see themselves as in competition with RDR2.

My October buy list:

Fist of the North Star: Lost Paradise (10/2)

Mega Man 11 (10/2)

Zen Pinball: Williams Classics v1 (10/9)

Soul Calibur 6 (10/19)

Castlevania Requiem (10/26)

Sheesh, I hadn't realized how heavy the month is.  And if I'd ever played RDR1 I'd certainly be buying RDR2.

Oh fuck, I almost forgot about Lost Paradise. I got about halfway through the '80s anime before temporarily putting it aside. I need that game but I really wanted to run through the Ass Creed games I've yet to play... And Red Dead is coming. And I never did buy Symphony of the Night when you guys told me to, so I'll probably get the PS4 version. Too many games.

6 hours ago, D.Z said:

Megaman 11 is good, plays like a Megaman game. The music can be changed if people don't like it.

Critics complaining about it being hard have never played a Megaman game before

FTFY

• Like 1

to be fair, that's because they have to meet deadlines in order to have money for food and shelter, so they can't deep dive into a single game's mechanics like someone playing it for pure entertainment can

EDIT: I added a sidebar that made a lot more sense when I thought this was the general thread and not the upcoming game thread.

• Thanks 1

People who want instant reviews up front are the same ones responsible for the nonsense garbage fire that is Positive Steam Echo Chamber where some nerd with 45 minutes in Dragon Quest XI posts "there's a loli waifu it's good" and it gets 427 likes.

I was actually impressed that PC Gamer straight out said "We can't give you a full review of Assassin's Creed Odyssey because we are only 20 hours into it after getting the review copy a little late" the other day. Like, that's so rarely honest.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Death From Above said:

People who want instant reviews up front are the same ones responsible for the nonsense garbage fire that is Positive Steam Echo Chamber where some nerd with 45 minutes in Dragon Quest XI posts "there's a loli waifu it's good" and it gets 427 likes.

I was actually impressed that PC Gamer straight out said "We can't give you a full review of Assassin's Creed Odyssey because we are only 20 hours into it after getting the review copy a little late" the other day. Like, that's so rarely honest.

When they're not plagiarizing other sites, or posting reviews that are just flat out wrong (i.e. complaining about a lack of action in sports management sims), IGN has been known to do the same thing with reviews.

• 3 weeks later...

Sean Bean is immune to death, you see. Because every time he dies, he actually survives. So he'll be a difficult target in a Hitman game.

PS1 Classic full list is up. Not a lot of surprises aside from the decision to include the terrible PS1 port of Rainbow Six. Lots of first games in series where I would probably have included 2 instead (Toshinden, Twisted Metal). Namco is kind of overrepresented. FUCK YEAH INTELLIGENT QUBE. Full list:

• Battle Arena Toshinden
  • Cool Boarders 2
  • Destruction Derby
  • Final Fantasy VII
  • Grand Theft Auto
  • Intelligent Qube
  • Jumping Flash
  • Metal Gear Solid
  • Mr Driller
  • Oddworld: Abe’s Oddysee
  • Rayman
  • Resident Evil Director’s Cut
  • Revelations: Persona
  • Ridge Racer Type 4
  • Super Puzzle Fighter II Turbo
  • Syphon Filter
  • Tekken 3
  • Tom Clancy’s Rainbow Six
  • Twisted Metal
  • Wild Arms

3 hours ago, Cliff Hanger said:

PS1 Classic full list is up. Not a lot of surprises aside from the decision to include the terrible PS1 port of Rainbow Six. Lots of first games in series where I would probably have included 2 instead (Toshinden, Twisted Metal). Namco is kind of overrepresented. FUCK YEAH INTELLIGENT QUBE. Full list:

• Battle Arena Toshinden
  • Cool Boarders 2
  • Destruction Derby
  • Final Fantasy VII
  • Grand Theft Auto
  • Intelligent Qube
  • Jumping Flash
  • Metal Gear Solid
  • Mr Driller
  • Oddworld: Abe’s Oddysee
  • Rayman
  • Resident Evil Director’s Cut
  • Revelations: Persona
  • Ridge Racer Type 4
  • Super Puzzle Fighter II Turbo
  • Syphon Filter
  • Tekken 3
  • Tom Clancy’s Rainbow Six
  • Twisted Metal
  • Wild Arms

Weird list. Resident evil directors cut eh? Nice. Knew dual shock games wouldn't be on it.