DVDVR Message Board

UPCOMING VIDEO GAMES TALK (2018 & Beyond)

RIPPA

On 9/7/2018 at 2:40 AM, assfax said:

Last boss is POOP.

Poop how? I bought the game a long time ago, hoping for a non-Bethesda RPG to get behind, but I actually hated the graphics. I sort of need a new reason to revisit it. 

Or I could keep being the guy with 200 Steam games who only plays 10 of them. 

OK, 4.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Contentious C said:

Poop how? I bought the game a long time ago, hoping for a non-Bethesda RPG to get behind, but I actually hated the graphics. I sort of need a new reason to revisit it. 

Or I could keep being the guy with 200 Steam games who only plays 10 of them. 

OK, 4.

It's a big dragon head that spits out infinite bad guys because you need full super meter to initiate the QTE that does damage and there's no chance you can die.  Game took me 6 years over three different PCs to beat.

2 hours ago, John E. Dynamite said:

That's all well and good but did you see that Capcom Beat 'em Up Thing???

Knights of the Round + only twenty bucks = buy buy buy!

I know that it's a pipe dream, but I wish that Capcom could somehow score the rights to re-release their licensed beat-em-ups from that era, namely Cadillacs & Dinosaurs and Aliens vs. Predator.  

OMG

http://www.siliconera.com/2018/09/14/resonance-of-fate-rated-for-playstation-4-and-pc-in-germany/

The tri-Ace developed RPG Resonance of Fate released back in 2010 for PS3 and Xbox 360, and it looks like it could be headed to PS4 and PC, as the title has recently been rated in Germany. [Thanks, Gamestalk.]

In addition to the new ratings of Resonance of Fate in Germany for PS4 and PC, we’ve been seeing some activity over at an official Twitter account of Resonance of Fate’s Leanne, which has been inactive since January 28, 2018, the day the game released in Japan.

Earlier tonight we reported that tri-Ace is going to announce a new game at Tokyo Game Show 2018, so there’s a good chance it could end up being a port or remaster of Resonance of Fate.

On 9/13/2018 at 6:36 PM, Gonzo said:

No FF8 for reasons that people smarter than me are probably aware of but I am not.

I don't have a Switch yet. . .but this might be enough to get me there.

My understanding is that it's a combination of rights issues around the "Eyes on Me" song and missing source code (?!?!???!?). 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, JLSigman said:

missing source code (?!?!???!?). 

this is a more common thing than you'd hope it'd be. It's why you'll never see a wide release of Panzer Dragoon Saga. It's especially unsurprising for Square though. Back in the SNES days, Square would straight up delete their engine every time they finished a game and started from scratch. So of people liable to completely lose track of PSX source code, I totally believe Square's capable of not only accidentally doing that, but deliberately doing that.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, John Austin said:

Speaking of classics getting released did they ever announce the international Neo Geo mini release or did that end up being Japan only?

Yeah, I saw preorders up for it last week I think.