DVDVR Message Board

UPCOMING VIDEO GAMES TALK (2018 & Beyond)

RIPPA

From a couple comments I have seen on twitter, I think this might be the same demo that select industry people were shown at E3 but it's now out there for everyone? Either way. Whoa baby it's gonna be good. I am not gonna lie I have had my doubts about this project given how long it's been a rumor/becoming reality, but this sold me, big time. The level of detail in the environments alone is crazy.

• Thanks 1

That was immense. The most impressive part to me is the city and its bustling streets. All of the different options combat and missions have really make this feel like a "next gen" game rather than something like Fallout 4 (not a fair comparison with release dates so far apart but I was really disappointed with how much that felt like 3.5).

Agree with the dialogue being a weak point, particularly the shitty stereotypical Latino stuff. Cringe. The other weak point was the combat looking pretty average despite the different, near paths you can take. But combat was the worst part of Witcher 3 by far, so it's not shocking. Hopefully they tighten up the gun play before release. I can understand with the cyber shit going on that people can take a few more shots than otherwise would be the case, but I'm not a fan of having to fill fuckers with a dozen shots to put them down. 

• Like 1

Watched the first ten minutes of the Cyberpunk thing. The game is fine with NPC tit but censors yours? Even your morning-after 5th Element-cosplay cut off tee is taped in place. Is this the future we're predicting, and if so what are the implications?

Apparently they're on this whole 'nudity that's essential to the plot' deal, and because it's all about transhumanism and if having cybernetic implants makes you an un-person, that means they have to have sexy robot boobies in the demo. But showing them during character creation would just be gratuitous.

On 8/27/2018 at 1:13 PM, Death From Above said:

From a couple comments I have seen on twitter, I think this might be the same demo that select industry people were shown at E3 but it's now out there for everyone? Either way. Whoa baby it's gonna be good. I am not gonna lie I have had my doubts about this project given how long it's been a rumor/becoming reality, but this sold me, big time. The level of detail in the environments alone is crazy.

*Pushes all my chips all in*

Yeah, this game is gonna take over my life.

On 9/4/2018 at 7:54 PM, Liam said:

The reviews for Spider-Man are coming out, and it is sitting at an 87 on Metacritic as it stands.

Looks like a mix between Assassin's Creed and Arkham Asylum to me. Not that this is a bad thing, mind you.

• Like 1

I wonder if we'll get a remastering of the original or a new game.  They wrote so much goddamned lore that it feels like a shame not to do something with it.

1 hour ago, Eivion said:

I never finished it, but I enjoyed playing this one so I'm pleased to hear this.

It's fun but really runs out of steam with about half the game left.

That came up in my news feed on my phone and I set it to never show me anything from deadspin ever again.

People need to read the fucking comics before telling everyone what you think Spider-Man should be and what he stands for, thanks

This police work could be in there to set up an enormous mindfuck that apparently didn't happen in this game but happened in the comics more than once.  People can't even be bothered to look up what is up with Yuri in the comics and probably have no fucking idea who Jean DeWolff was because they aren't old enough to have had those issues totally fuck up their shit as a kid.

But Jean DeWolff, Captain Stacy before that, Yuri in the more current stuff - Spidey has always had friends in the police he liked helping out.  They usually have super fucked up shit happen to them that either gets blamed on Peter or he blames himself and it wrecks his life but he keeps wanting to help his friends that work for the police because he wants to make the city a better place and he's a nice person to a fault.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1