DVDVR Message Board

UPCOMING VIDEO GAMES TALK (2018 & Beyond)

RIPPA

2 hours ago, Lamp, broken circa 1988 said:

I mean to be fair, "Gameplay Launch Trailer" sounds better than "Definitely Finalized Assets Trailer"

Touche. 

Windjammers coming to Switch October 23 but more importantly WINDJAMMERS 2 next year! Ooooh yeah!

Prison Architect is also out right now! Escape mode comes out later this summer. Maybe in 2020, after I beat Octopath Traveler, I'll pick up Prison Architect and fiend once more.

Amazon announced today that effective 8/28, Prime members will no longer get a 20 percent discount on pre-ordered physical games.  Instead, they'll be offering a $10 store credit on "select" pre-orders, which may include digital downloads but will certainly not include anything less than $60.  This means I will be pre-ordering a lot fewer games (and that I had to go in and lock in SNK 40th Anniversary)

Also stealthed in Amazon Prime related, Twitch Prime (which you get with Amazon Prime) will no longer give you ad free viewing across Twitch.  Only channels that you either are subbed to, or have ads turned off (which aren't a lot) will have no ads.  So yeah, that's annoying.

The Assassin's Creed franchise will skip 2019

They announced that they will support Odyssey as a "game as a service"

The earliest another game will come is 2020 and there is no guarantee that will happen

Can't wait for Battlefield 5 sales to tank and for the internet's collected moral detritus to blame it on icky femaloids instead of the fact that kids these days would rather play Dancin' Chicken Royale shooters than reflect on mankind's most damning histories 

If you're a fan of lukewarm thinkpieces the potential fallout bodes really well, though.

• Like 1

I still need to play Battlefield 1. I bought it like Black Friday 2016 and never even installed it.

Did the Yakuza Kiwami 2 demo tonight.  Very cool, but that game is definitely going on hold til after Fist of the North Star, because I think it may be difficult to go back to the 0 engine after playing this.

On ‎8‎/‎23‎/‎2018 at 11:50 PM, John E. Dynamite said:

Can't wait for Battlefield 5 sales to tank and for the internet's collected moral detritus to blame it on icky femaloids instead of the fact that kids these days would rather play Dancin' Chicken Royale shooters than reflect on mankind's most damning histories 

If you're a fan of lukewarm thinkpieces the potential fallout bodes really well, though.

The best part is, if you play Fartnoise Battle Royal and don't spend any money, you have no way of making sure the game doesn't make you play as a female, an ethnic minority, or both. 

• Haha 1

Did nobody post the Just Cause 4 trailer yet? Because if I wasn't on mobile right now, I'd be doing it.

EDIT: Here it is:

16 hours ago, JLSigman said:

I gotta be honest - I'm only really excited for Shenmue III because I want the soundtrack.  The soundtrack (Orchestral Version, anyway) for the first game is my favorite video game music ever.

• Like 1