DVDVR Message Board

UPCOMING VIDEO GAMES TALK (2018 & Beyond)

RIPPA

9 hours ago, RIPPA said:

Launch trailer for Detroit: Become Human

Let's hope this game goes better for Clancy Brown than Mass Effect: Andromeda

It's essentially A David Cage Game so expect a shower scene for a female android and several attempted rapes on her too.

Considering I haven't played the others, I won't be getting this Friday but instead Dark Souls Remastered.

Battlefield V

Battlefield V will be out October 19 for PS4, Xbox One, and PC.

Like 2016's Battlefield 1, Battlefield V’s single-player campaign will unfold through an anthology of War Stories, each telling a different tale from World War II. Co-op is returning to the first-person shooter series, along with a new multiplayer mode called Grand Operations.

There is no "premium pass" or "season pass"

And an EA rep says there will be no loot boxes in the game

I have never played a Battlefield game

I am going to buy this one just to infuriate all the people outraged that it features a woman

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

Update - I am going to buy 2 copies because the are also infuriated that blacks are allowed to serve

Damn.  What is the release date of this fucking game again?  Oh, yeah.  October 19th...

I'll have to reserve a copy at my local game retailer.

• Like 1

I'm more likely to play this than Battlefield 1. I just couldn't get into that at all. I think the high water mark for the series is Battlefield 4. I look forward to them eventually getting back to a modern setting. Or, if not that, then Vietnam. My second favorite kinda-sorta entry was the Vietnam DLC for the last Bad Company game.

9 minutes ago, Tromatagon said:

All the updates that make the Friday the 13th game single player good come out tomorrow.

Fantastic news. Other than my online gaming time being occupied by Sea of Thieves, the main thing stopping me from getting back into Friday the 13th is a lack of friends who play it. If the AI isn't completely busted, I may give it a shot again over the summer.

Also, Battlefield 1942 is one of my favourite games of all timez. I've enjoyed the series for the most part since then but I've never been able to deep dive into it like I did '42, with perhaps the lone exception being one of the Bad Company games. 1 was fine but the trench warfare was half assed and it was hard to find balanced games in the main mode. One team would dominate the other far too often. I don't get people being upset about women/African Americans in a World War II game when it was total war and 125000 African Americans served (although of course segregated), but it was weird seeing black German soldiers en masse fighting in Europe in BF1 because equality, fuck yeah.

Also, why release the game a week before RDR2? I will very likely just wait until it goes on sale around Christmas at that point.

15 hours ago, Tromatagon said:

All the updates that make the Friday the 13th game single player good come out tomorrow.

I know.  Half of my Destiny 2 clan is going to probably transition to F13 for a few days.  Goodbye, Escalation Protocol help..

Wasn't sure whether to put this here or the E3 thread.

I'm not completely sure what it's for. . .but, apparently, it's something.

I'm also not completely sure why it doesn't appear the tweet is embedding properly, though it's entirely possible that it's just my work computer.

On ‎5‎/‎22‎/‎2018 at 9:33 PM, Andrew POE! said:

It's essentially A David Cage Game so expect a shower scene for a female android and several attempted rapes on her too.

If the game is as creepy as the Kara tech demo, there is a 100% chance of this

6 minutes ago, Gonzo said:

Wasn't sure whether to put this here or the E3 thread.

I'm not completely sure what it's for. . .but, apparently, it's something.

Oh, it's Fallout related for sure.

22 minutes ago, El Dragon said:

Fallout Switch is the expectation, Fallout 3 remastered is the hope

Odd, I heard that the opposite is the case.  Fallout 3 Remastered is the expectation and Fallout 3 for Switch is the hope.

This year marks the 10th anniversary of the release of the game, so they will probably spread the love for all next gen consoles, not just the Switch.

50 minutes ago, Death From Above said:

(because Bethesda is awful at patching things)

It does not help that they are ridiculously dependent on the mod community to make their games more playable.

I cannot play Morrowind without the Remove Magical Goo mod or the Morag Tong Netch Leather Armor mod.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, J.T. said:

It does not help that they are ridiculously dependent on the mod community to make their games more playable.

I cannot play Morrowind without the Remove Magical Goo mod or the Morag Tong Netch Leather Armor mod.

Hey, it's not that...

(stops when I realize that I have 50ish mods on Skyrim and haven't played Vanilla since launch)

• Haha 2