DVDVR Message Board

UPCOMING VIDEO GAMES TALK (2018 & Beyond)

RIPPA

yeah but you have to beat the game to wear it.

I haven't beaten the game.  I got pretty far in the story but I had to stop to do my unit plan project for my English methods class, which took weeks and is 60 pages long and fuck it I'm done my brain is jello.

EA announced that Battlefield V will have a single player campaign

It will also take place in WWII (I guess some early rumors had said the setting would be the Vietnam War)

1 hour ago, RIPPA said:

It will also take place in WWII (I guess some early rumors had said the setting would be the Vietnam War)

That reminds me I never finished the WWI Battlefield. 

On 5/9/2018 at 2:09 PM, RIPPA said:

I thought they were getting out of WWII, since at this point what's possibly left to cover?

It's officially a thing.  My interest in this was zero until I saw it was being made by Avalanche, and it looks like Bethesda basically hired them to make an unofficial sequel to their MAD MAX under a different name.  That was a sneaky good game.

I wish I didn't miss out on grabbing Mad Max for free when it was offered on PSN+. I've heard a lot of good things about it, but it's hard to think of a game based on a movie license as being good.

I'll list you some so you don't make this mistake again

Spider-Man 2 

Chronicles of Riddick

Mad Max

The Shadow of Mordor games and I really think LOTR is nerd shit for nerdy nerds

Batman for NES

Robocop vs Terminator for Genesis 

that Ghostbusters game last gen

The X-Men Origins Wolverine game last gen that was graphically violent

Friday the 13th for current gen is janky as fuck but if you're a fan of the franchise you'll love it.

I'm currently loving Conan Exiles which is more based on the books but has a lot of movie references in it if you look hard enough.

On a Ubisoft earnings call, it was revealed that:

1) SKULL & BONES is being delayed to the 19-20 fiscal year (hopefully to expand the game beyond the weird "you're the boat" concept that we've seen).

2) THE DIVISION 2 seems set for Spring 19, which will put it in direct competition with the launch of ANTHEM.  Two online open world shooters enter, one online open world shooter leaves.

On 5/14/2018 at 2:45 PM, Tromatagon said:

I'll list you some so you don't make this mistake again

Spider-Man 2 

Chronicles of Riddick

Mad Max

The Shadow of Mordor games and I really think LOTR is nerd shit for nerdy nerds

Batman for NES

Robocop vs Terminator for Genesis 

that Ghostbusters game last gen

The X-Men Origins Wolverine game last gen that was graphically violent

Friday the 13th for current gen is janky as fuck but if you're a fan of the franchise you'll love it.

I'm currently loving Conan Exiles which is more based on the books but has a lot of movie references in it if you look hard enough.

Man, I totally forgot about Chronicles of Riddick. I even owned that game. I also have no idea why I overlooked Spider-Man 2.

35 minutes ago, EVA said:

2) THE DIVISION 2 seems set for Spring 19, which will put it in direct competition with the launch of ANTHEM.  Two online open world shooters enter, one online open world shooter leaves.

That means the Division 2 survives since we have already seen the difference between the two companies in handling a game that has major issues out of the gate

• Sad 1

Call of Duty Black Ops IV got announced with the modes today: Multiplayer, Zombies and Blackout.

The fact that they are charging $60 for this at launch is a crime. They couldn't do a campaign for an hour where Mason tracks down the writer of Black Ops 3?

23 hours ago, Death From Above said:

The Alien 3 game on SNES was pretty fun. Unlike Alien 3 you got weapons.

There was also an Aliens game on DS that ruled pretty hard.