DVDVR Message Board

UPCOMING VIDEO GAMES TALK (2018 & Beyond)

RIPPA

• 2 weeks later...

Shenmue I and II are coming to the PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and PC later this year. Sega has confirmed it will have higher resolutions and improved textures, as well as graphics options for PC players. You will also be able to choose between modern or classic control settings, and English or Japanese voiceover.

Sega also announced a Mega Drive Mini (and maybe they'll bring it over here and get rid of the AT Games crap) and a Sega Ages collection for the Switch.

The more interesting piece of news (at least for import fans), though, was the resurrection of the Sakura Taisen franchise after 10+ years with a game temporarily called Shin Sakura Taisen.  Should have known something was going on when they showed up in SRW X-O...

10 minutes ago, J.T. said:

I'm happy to see that Shenmue I and II will be back but that does not address the issue of what the fuck is going on with Shenmue III's development.

Who Cares?!?!?! It allowed them to win E3 that year! The internet said so!

19 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

Who Cares?!?!?! It allowed them to win E3 that year! The internet said so!

That was bullshit.  How in the fuck do you win E3 with a game that is dev hell?  People are fucking stupid.

The number of people getting worked up for a game that may never be released is astounding.  I await the first indictments when this Kickstarter turns into a Ponzi Scheme after they kill the project and take their sweet time returning the money.

• Haha 1

I like that you have blacked out the contents of that E3 thread from whatever year that was

Of course - the person who was the leader of that movement no longer visits here.

8 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

I like that you have blacked out the contents of that E3 thread from whatever year that was

I am old and bitter and probably suffered from a vitamin deficiency induced amnesia event.

Unbridled hate may have also had something to do with it.

8 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

Of course - the person who was the leader of that movement no longer visits here.

He who shall not be named will remain nameless.

I bought the special edition of Conan Exiles.  I think I need help.

It comes with really cool stuff though.

HMU if you grab it for PS4.  My PSN is luchagringo.

No dong size slider on the console versions sadly

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaand it looks like that collectors edition sold out.  It's a Gamestop exclusive in the states and the option to buy is grayed out - either this means people are actually going to be playing this game on consoles (XBOne is grayed out as well) or that the set is just pretty limited.  The RPG included with it is $25 on its own digitally so it's a pretty crazy deal, so I see why it went fast if that's the case.