DVDVR Message Board

UPCOMING VIDEO GAMES TALK (2018 & Beyond)

RIPPA

15 hours ago, Tromatagon said:

They should have to put a WARNING: No Marvel or Star Wars because we hate money on that trailer

Yeah sorry, but that makes me extremely happy. I really don't want either in Kingdom Hearts. I'd rather they stick with actual Disney stuff and occasional FF stuff for KH. Honestly, I'd much rather they pull from Disney's tv shows like Darkwing Duck, Gargoyles, and Kim Possible.

3 hours ago, Eivion said:

Yeah sorry, but that makes me extremely happy. I really don't want either in Kingdom Hearts. I'd rather they stick with actual Disney stuff and occasional FF stuff for KH. Honestly, I'd much rather they pull from Disney's tv shows like Darkwing Duck, Gargoyles, and Kim Possible.

Besides, remember the Pirates of the Caribbean part of KH2? The clash in styles looked terrible. I'm OK with them just using animated IPs.

• Like 1

Just got this note after pre ordering Sea of Thieves. 

The Amazon Video Games team thanks you for purchasing Sea of Thieves for Xbox One. You can unlock your Pre-order token and receive the exclusive Black Dog Pack (containing stylish clothing and items with unique, spectacular designs) as well as a chance to join other pioneering pirates in a Closed Beta ahead of the game’s launch on 3/20/2018. Make sure to redeem your token ahead of the launch to have access to the Beta!

Wish I were more surprised. Night Dive have proven really adept at untangling disputed rights to get shit re-released, but making something new is so different and development costs for an HD first person game are so high that this was always a high risk high reward project.

Speaking of kickstarter, did anyone here back Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night? I am interested in it once it comes out but man it is taking forever. I went to their youtube channel and the 'updates' still make it look.... not very close to done. Its already been delayed once, I haven't seen any complaints about the delay since I guess people trust the developer but I'd be shocked if it came out this year.

Ho

Lee

Shit

How long have people been saying that they don't give a shit about Need for Speed and just give us a re-release of Burnout Paradise? I can't believe this is happening. So awesome.

Hell, I would have even settled for a re-release of Burnout 3.

• Like 1

Aww shit. So in my excitement for Burnout Paradise I went to see what the Giant Bomb guys were saying about it. Sadly, they reminded me that this is still EA we're talking about here and microtransactions are not out of the question at all. That, and who knows what the soundtrack will be.

how about day two

how about enough days to make sure that you wont need to buy a season pass for gasoline or whatever the fuck

like look I think that Burnout Paradise is objectively the best video game made yet, but, this is a company that fucked up Mass Effect and Star Wars in the same calendar year. maybe don't preorder a thing from them for a while.

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

21 hours ago, Craig H said:

Even if this was a mistake, it makes me feel like within the next year EA is going to go through some major leadership changes.

If EA survives Anthem's inevitable failure.

They will. I doubt Anthem totally tanks. I just don't think it's going to be the huge hit it should be. EA still has tons of sports licenses and licenses for other stuff. It would take losing the NFL, Star Wars, etc. for EA to go under.

Honestly, it should be easy for EA to right the ship by proclaiming to be gamer friendly. No more MTXs for performance boosts, reserve MTXs for cosmetic changes only, say that games with DLC or season passes will now cost $70 and no more charging for additional content. Gamers are saying they would rather just pay $10 more up front instead of always pay for DLC or MTXs so EA can jump on that.

And then in the meanwhile, do more olive branch type releases like with Burnout Paradise. Re-master Dead Space 1 and 2 (because honestly, fuck part 3). Re-master Burnout 3. And make these all budget friendly titles, charging $10 or $20 for each.

On 2/22/2018 at 2:02 PM, Craig H said:

They will. I doubt Anthem totally tanks. I just don't think it's going to be the huge hit it should be. EA still has tons of sports licenses and licenses for other stuff. It would take losing the NFL, Star Wars, etc. for EA to go under.

The worry is that EA would then turn around and blame BioWare (rightly or wrongly) and they're the ones who go under. Although then it might be interesting to see what they do with the Star Wars MMO.

10 hours ago, JLSigman said:

The worry is that EA would then turn around and blame BioWare (rightly or wrongly) and they're the ones who go under. Although then it might be interesting to see what they do with the Star Wars MMO.

Oh. Ok.

Ugh, yeah, let's hope that doesn't happen.

On the other hand, would it be the worst thing for Bioware to reform under a different name and not be burdened by EA?