DVDVR Message Board

UPCOMING VIDEO GAMES TALK (2018 & Beyond)

RIPPA

Some release dates of note for 2018 (obviously some of these will change and this isn't meant to capture every title ever)

• Dragon Ball FighterZ - January 26, 2018
  • Monster Hunter: World  - January 26, 2018
  • Metal Gear Survive - February 20, 2018
  • Sea of Thieves - March 20, 2018 
  • A Way Out - March 23, 2018
  • Ni no Kuni 2: Revenant Kingdom - March 23, 2018
  • Far Cry 5 - March 27, 2018

Games Claiming to come out in 2018

• God of War 
  • Crackdown 5
  • Red Dead Redemption 2
  • Detroit: Become Human 
  • Vampyr 
  • State of Decay 2 
  • Metro Exodus
  • Anthem
  • Skull and Bones
  • Shenmue 3
  • Soul Calibur 6 

Metal Gear Surie can piss off.  Dragon Ball Fighter Z is Dragon Ball with a mix of the MvC and Guilty Gear X Engines, so I'm all in.

I'll believe Shenmue 3 when it is actually released.

I'd say there's no chance that Anthem will make it out in 2018, but with EA striking out on Andromeda and Battlefront 2 this year, I guess I wouldn't be that shocked if they went insane and rushed it out next fall to try to stop the bleeding.

25 minutes ago, Raziel403 said:

I'll believe Shenmue 3 when it is actually released.

Oh there are a bunch of games like that that I didn't even bother to include.

I like bringing up Shenmue 3 for all the people who claimed that "WON E3" because it was announced... which was already 2 1/2 years ago.

Suckers...

On the indie game front I am really interested to see The Fall Part 2, which is scheduled for February. On a larger developer scale, Jurassic World: Evolution is supposedly set for summer, but I will believe that when I see it. Also entirely possible that one is going to be a problem on my low end PC.

21 hours ago, EVA said:

I'd say there's no chance that Anthem will make it out in 2018, but with EA striking out on Andromeda and Battlefront 2 this year, I guess I wouldn't be that shocked if they went insane and rushed it out next fall to try to stop the bleeding.

I wouldn't be shocked if this was BioWare's last chance, either. It's starting to look like DA4 may be a long ways off....

• Sad 1

That or the first part of the FF& remake would have me elated. At the same time if that happens it means I should probably finally start to replay the old games as its been way too long and that will take some time. So happy I got 2.5 and 2.8 as Christmas gifts from my sister.

On ‎12‎/‎31‎/‎2017 at 12:08 PM, RIPPA said:

I like bringing up Shenmue 3 for all the people who claimed that "WON E3" because it was announced... which was already 2 1/2 years ago.

Most AAA games require at least two years of development, so we'll just have to wait and see what happens.

Yeah, I like looking for silver linings... and making excuses.

I'm just happy it wasn't a Skies of Arcadia kickstarter, because then it would be me being dumb and pouring money into bottomless pits with no hope of a return on investment.

Anthem can fuck right off.

And Holy Fuck.  Who knew that the sailboat racing minigame from Watch Dogs 2 and the naval combat mechanics from AC: Black Flag would turn out to be the tech demos for Skull & Bones?

hi i'm here to represent the games no one gives a flying fuck about division here's our top five releases for the year ahead

1. Kentucky Route Zero Act 5/TV Edition, a parallel universe where drama was more influential than action movies on the path video games took as an artform

2. UFO 50, a greatest hits compilation for a purely made-up console

3. Tunic, or, Adorable Fox Zelda

4. Eitr, or, Diablo Souls

5. Into The Breach, a Tactics game about Giant Robots shooting Giant Monsters from the FTL devs and The Guy Who Wrote All The Obsidian Games You All Like

Man...After how good Dragonball Z Xenoverse 2 was, I was hoping this Dragonball FighterZ was going to be similar to that. Despite how good FighterZ looks, I'm bummed it's just a 2D fighter.

On 1/6/2018 at 4:59 PM, BL88 said:

hi i'm here to represent the games no one gives a flying fuck about division here's our top five releases for the year ahead

1. Kentucky Route Zero Act 5/TV Edition, a parallel universe where drama was more influential than action movies on the path video games took as an artform

2. UFO 50, a greatest hits compilation for a purely made-up console

3. Tunic, or, Adorable Fox Zelda

4. Eitr, or, Diablo Souls

5. Into The Breach, a Tactics game about Giant Robots shooting Giant Monsters from the FTL devs and The Guy Who Wrote All The Obsidian Games You All Like

UFO 50 looks right up my alley. Hopefully it comes out on the Switch (which i don't own, but know i will eventually). 

On 06/01/2018 at 11:43 PM, Death From Above said:

I really do hope we get that KRZ 5th act, if only because I have to see if they actually have a way of wrapping this up or if they Twin Peaks us.

Isn't it coming with the TV version? It's been on my radar for YEARS but I'm a console gamer so have had to wait this long to play