DVDVR Message Board

[MOVIE] 2018 UPCOMING MOVIE THREAD

RIPPA

Ugh.  So FIRST MAN apparently does not show Neil Armstrong placing the American flag on the moon and a certain ambitious Florida senator is having a hissy fit about it.

So, when this becomes a thing you'll know why and roll your eyes appropriately. 

On 8/30/2018 at 10:00 AM, CreativeControl said:

Damon Herrimon has been cast as Charles Manson in Tarrantino's new film. I can't quite picture DEWEY CROW as having the animal magnetism of Manson some how...

He's also been cast as Manson in the next season of Manhunter so more than one director is seeing it.

7 hours ago, Dolfan in NYC said:

Ugh.  So FIRST MAN apparently does not show Neil Armstrong placing the American flag on the moon and a certain ambitious Florida senator is having a hissy fit about it.

So, when this becomes a thing you'll know why and roll your eyes appropriately. 

Became a thing yesterday.  Gossling did it no favors with his comments.

And honestly... I'm on the side of "why the fuck would you cut that out?"  I mean, it's a pretty fucking iconic thing.

On 8/29/2018 at 12:21 PM, Dolfan in NYC said:

@just drew ... Here's the new trailer for FIRST MAN

For real, the only show I've worked on that I feel a connection to, whether I get a credit or not. No amount of conservative shit-heaping could ruin that. In fact, it makes it better...

13 hours ago, Curt McGirt said:

Unfortunately people weren't bothered by the lapses in logic like us and will hand over that money. Oh well, their prerogative. 

I don't understand why you are upset about a successful horror movie getting a sequel considering pretty much every horror movie that makes more than $5 gets at least 6

On 9/1/2018 at 8:35 AM, RIPPA said:

I don't understand why you are upset about a successful horror movie getting a sequel considering pretty much every horror movie that makes more than $5 gets at least 6

Since most horror movies only cost about $2.50 at most to make. . . . .

On 8/31/2018 at 3:58 PM, Raziel said:

Became a thing yesterday.  Gossling did it no favors with his comments.

And honestly... I'm on the side of "why the fuck would you cut that out?"  I mean, it's a pretty fucking iconic thing.

Gosling definitely did no favor with his comments. As much as the world might have been watching, that was an American moment. Cutting it from the movie is really, really, really poor judgement. It's only the first visual anyone thinks of when they think of Armstrong. 

Universal has given the live action Cats movie the release date originally reserved for Wicked

Dec 20, 2019

So now that means that day is Star Wars Episode IX, Cats, and Death on the Nile (with Masters of the Universe coming out two days earlier)

Anyone know anything about He-Man 2019?  I hadn't heard of it till now, so, out of curiosity, I googled it.  Only things I was able to learn was that the project has been bouncing around awhile, David Goyer wrote the script (ugh) but dropped out as director (thank you, Jesus), and the current directors, the Nee brothers, have virtually no track record.  Does this thing have a cast attached or anything (i'm assuming it's live action)?

Sounds like expectations should be pretty low.

BTW, anyone else think the new Predator film looks awful?  The trailers have me thinking it may not even be worth a free rental from the library.

If it's any worse than the Dolph Lundgren one then it'll be a miracle of modern filmmaking. And I say that having nostalgia for that film as it was the first I ever saw in a theater when I was seven (I'm sure my dad was thrilled by the "parents dying in a plane crash" subplot). 

Something funny I found out about Masters when I watched the Golan-Globus documentary: Dolph literally did not know how to speak English when they hired him. 

• Like 2

The 6th Die Hard movie - which had been referred to as Die Hard: Year One - will be called McLane

Apparently it will be a prequel/sequel with Bruce Willis playing old John McLane and someone yet to be cast as young John McLane

McClane‘s 1979 storyline would be an “origin story” of sorts for the title hero, delving into the protagonist’s time as a police officer with the NYPD. McClane’s early years were also the focus of a Boom! Studios comic book series, Die Hard: Year One. Published in 2009 and 2010, the first four-issue miniseries was written by Howard Chaykin and took place in the Big Apple during the 1976 bicentennial. Like the film series, Die Hard: Year One had McClane facing off against violent terrorists. It was followed by another four-issue story, set during the 1977 New York blackout.

The film will jump back and forth between past and present, working as a prequel and sequel and allowing fans to see the McClane we know and love as well as the younger version of the detective in flashbacks. The premise of McClane is to see how the ’70s had ramifications on the present-day character. Willis is helping with the casting process for his younger self.