DVDVR Message Board

[MOVIE] 2018 UPCOMING MOVIE THREAD

RIPPA

Paterno

Early warning - this will be infuriating. If you read quotes from Barry Levinson - who is directed - it is clear that this is going to turn into a Joe Paterno redemption piece

I have a feeling that teaser is the entire movie. Just Pacino pensively looking around, never actually taking a position on his guilt or innocence. People can draw their own conclusions from the actual story. Making a movie about it without a point of view is gutless and exploitive. 

• Like 1

At least the material allows for a lot of possible different directions to take it in than the first Clue. 

That reminds me I haven't played the Golden Girls Clue board game I got for Christmas. I can't wait to say, "It was Sophia who ate the last slice of cheesecake on the lenai." 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, RIPPA said:

Ryan Reynolds will star in a Clue reboot

I am containing my rage (over the reboot part not the Reynolds part)

The original is one of my favorite movies.  This reboot makes me sad.

Why not just give the original a limited engagement in one of those Fathom Events dealies?

Paramount literally has a print with all the endings on them that's not getting used now (They made if for my RH group, but a couple years ago banned any sort of shadowcasting due to too many Grease singalongs.)

17 hours ago, Raziel403 said:

Isn't the print with all the endings is what ended up being used for current Cable TV runs and Home Video/DVD releases?

My DVD definitely has all three endings that run automatically.

I am assuming Ace means some sort of special edition (not that I know how it would be different)

Sony had a lot of release date news

Barbie got booted all the way back to 2020 (08/08/18 -> 05/08/20)

The Superfly remake will be out 06/15/08

Cadaver no longer has a release date

Slender Man is taking the 08/24/18 date that had belonged to Cadaver

The Girl in the Spider’s Web (the next in the Girl with the Dragon Tattoo series) moved back a month (10/19/19 -> 11/09/18)

Holmes and Watson is moving to a Christmas release (11/09/18 -> 12/21/18)

And some sort of Phil Lord/Chris Miller Animated Movie will come out 02/07/20 (so many another Lego movie)

2 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

I am happy to see that the only way to see this movie will be to travel back in time and the Theory of Relativity renders this impossible to achieve since light does not go in reverse.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

My DVD definitely has all three endings that run automatically.

I am assuming Ace means some sort of special edition (not that I know how it would be different)

Yeah, I didn't see it in theaters, and every version I ever watched had all 3 endings that just played through all 3 (The Butler ending being the "What really happened" one).  I know there's a 4th ending that was filmed, but the director hated it and scrapped it and I don't think it's ever been seen.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, RIPPA said:

It disheartens me to see Ron O' Neal as Whitney's dad in the earlier seasons of A Different World with the George Jefferson hairline. If the star of the remake can get a Jesus perm and not destroy his scalp in the process, we've reached a scientific milestone in the black community.

• Haha 1

26 minutes ago, Elsalvajeloco said:

It disheartens me to see Ron O' Neal as Whitney's dad in the earlier seasons of A Different World with the George Jefferson hairline. If the star of the remake can get a Jesus perm and not destroy his scalp in the process, we've reached a scientific milestone in the black community.

I suddenly feel the need to watch Good Hair on DVD after work when I get to the crib.

Also this.

I really do need to chase down a copy of Hollywood Shuffle on DVD.  I have owned it on VHS for years and God knows what condition the tape is in.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

14 minutes ago, Curt McGirt said:

Yeah, I was listening to a show where Michael Jai White was a guest last week and I believe he said the movie he was working was more like a spiritual successor to Black Dynamite and in the process of finding funding. Didn't give a ton of details other than he was working on it.

God, I hope MJW takes time to get back into shape for BD2.  He was looking a bit ballooney on the last season of For Better Or For Worse...

Yeah, I sat through a couple of episodes in exchange for Black Lightning time.  If Boo ain't happy, nobody is happy.

I am kinda sad that when the geek shows are giving major props to Chadwick Boseman, they kinda forgot that MJW was the first black actor to play a comic book superhero in a major motion picture release....

.....even though most geeks really would rather to forget all about Spawn.....

12 minutes ago, J.T. said:

God, I hope MJW takes time to get back into shape for BD2.  He was looking a bit ballooney on the last season of For Better Or For Worse...

Yeah, I sat through a couple of episodes in exchange for Black Lightning time.  If Boo ain't happy, nobody is happy.

I am kinda sad that when the geek shows are giving major props to Chadwick Boseman, they kinda forgot that MJW was the first black actor to play a comic book superhero in a major motion picture release....

Doesn't count?

blankman.jpg

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, J.T. said:

God, I hope MJW takes time to get back into shape.  He was looking a bit ballooney on the last season of For Better Or For Worse.

He would like to forget about Spawn as well apparently. What's funny is in the interview is he actually talks about that. When they asked about Black Panther and all that, he was very humble about it (in regards to getting credit for the first black person to do that) because Dennis Haysbert was one of the guys auditioning for Spawn but Michael only got the role because of some interview he did. He thought Haysbert, who was clearly way more established than him at the time, probably would have made a good Spawn. Michael basically had to learn on the spot about the character. Then, New Line let the director who was a special effects guy have free rein over the film and he fucked up the film adding shit in during post-production. The cut of the film Michael saw was not the one that actually went to the theaters. As a result, he goes out of his way not to big up that film in interviews. When New Line was making Blade, they had the director on a much tighter leash. Michael is friends with Wesley so I'm guessing Wesley told him that last part.

10 minutes ago, Elsalvajeloco said:

He would like to forget about Spawn as well apparently. What's funny is in the interview is he actually talks about that. When they asked about Black Panther and all that, he was very humble about it (in regards to getting credit for the first black person to do that) because Dennis Haysbert was one of the guys auditioning for Spawn but Michael only got the role because of some interview he did. He thought Haysbert, who was clearly way more established than him at the time, probably would have made a good Spawn. Michael basically had to learn on the spot about the character. Then, New Line let the director who was a special effects guy have free rein over the film and he fucked up the film adding shit in during post-production. The cut of the film Michael saw was not the one that actually went to the theaters. As a result, he goes out of his way not to big up that film in interviews. When New Line was making Blade, they had the director on a much tighter leash. Michael is friends with Wesley so I'm guessing Wesley told him that last part.

Wait, there's a timeline where Dennis Haysbert plays Spawn instead? Aw, fuck. I want that movie instead of what we got. I've never been a big fan of Michael's personally.