DVDVR Message Board

[MOVIE] 2018 UPCOMING MOVIE THREAD

RIPPA

ON THE BASIS OF SEX

Starring Felicity Jones Huffman as Ruth Bader Ginsburg

Edited by Dolfan in NYC
I don't know how to tell white women apart.
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

34 minutes ago, Dolfan in NYC said:

Starring Felicity Huffman as Ruth Bader Ginsburg

That sure as fuck looks like Felicity Jones to me

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Now people will be disappointed when they scramble to find pictures of RBG as a young woman and see if she was as hot then as Felicity Jones is now.

Dolfan's edit caption is Number One and the Best.

• Like 1

Official trailer for Bohemian Rhapsody

Based on our previous conversations about this film, I don't this new trailer will change anyone's mind. However - it does seem that they trying to convince people who had complaints about the first trailer (or are familiar with the history of the production of this movie).

I was going to say "trick people" but I realized I wasn't feeling as cynical as I normally am....

.... or am I???

21 hours ago, J.T. said:

Now people will be disappointed when they scramble to find pictures of RBG as a young woman and see if she was as hot then as Felicity Jones is now.

Other people will be disappointed when they see "Sex" in the title along with that Fifty Shades of Grey-ish typeface and then learn what the movie is actually about.

• Like 1

Red Band Trailer for Assassination Nation (Red Band due to language and a whole lotta blood)

It appears to be a dark comedy Purge for lack of a better word. 

I'm pretty sure this wasn't posted before...

EIGHTH GRADE

Starring Elsie Fisher

Directed by Bo Burnham

This just opened and is currently at a 98% on RT.  It's also rated R, so people are getting pissed at the MPAA because the intended target for this movie cannot see it without a parent.  

6 minutes ago, odessasteps said:

I've anecdotally heard folks say they wanted to see it but their age relevant kids did not.

As a parent of a child who is about to enter 8th Grade - I can say this is 100% accurate (well the part of about age relevant kids not wanting to see it)

19 minutes ago, Dolfan in NYC said:

This just opened and is currently at a 98% on RT.  It's also rated R, so people are getting pissed at the MPAA because the intended target for this movie cannot see it without a parent.  

I have no sympathy for this. Based on a quick Google search - it seems the rating is mainly because multiple F bombs are dropped. That is one of the more common R rating things. Agree with it or not is another matter but you know you are getting a R rating if they say it like a dozen times.

And the excuse that WELL KIDS SWEAR~! is horse shit since adults fucking swear too

I loved Kong Skull Island so much. It's so big and dumb and fun and was everything Godzilla wasn't. Kong Skull Island did more to get me hyped for Godzilla: King of the Monsters than Godzilla did so I hope it's closer in tone to Kong than Godzilla.

FUUUUUUUUUCK YEEEEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSS

Hells Bells used in a trailer? American soldiers fighting against mutated Nazis? TAKE MY MONEY!

This also is or isn't the second Cloverfield movie that was supposed to come out this year. the first being the terrible Cloverfield Paradox. 

• Like 1

BOY ERASED

Starring Lucas Hedges, Nicole Kidman and Russell Crowe

Written for the screen and directed by Joel Edgerton

----

Just a reminder 2/3 of the states in this country still allow conversion therapy. This is going to make me both furious and weepy.   

Per Hollywood Reporter - folks who have been cast in the Cats movie (yes - there is going to be a movie version of the Broadway musical)

• Taylor Swift
  • Jennifer Hudson
  • James Corden
  • Ian McKellen

Directed by Tom Holland (Of course)

Taylor Swift as a cat is gonna lead the Internet down an even darker hole...

I will go see the Castle Wolfeinstein movie since it has a black dude in it.

I am also totally stoked for Godzilla.

I have heard good things about 8th Grade thanks to NPR being a part of my evening commute.  I am bummed that I probably won't be able to take my 15 year old daughter to see it with me if the content is fucking crazy.

I am not sure how I feel about Ninja Robin Hood.  I like Taron Egerton and Jamie Foxx well enough, so I will probably check my brain at the door and go to see it.  I did not give the King Arthur fiasco the same due because Charlie Hunnam strikes me as a bit of an asshole.

• Like 1