DVDVR Message Board

[MOVIE] 2018 UPCOMING MOVIE THREAD

RIPPA

The plot has been spoiled for me for quite some time, so that trailer really didn't ruin anything.

One thing that I find dumb about the new plot is:

Spoiler

Why are the Predators genetically enhancing themselves to be even better than they already are? 

As is, they can already kick our asses without even trying, hard..

The obvious reason is so that they can fight amongst themselves, but that's stupid.  How will they propagate their species if they kill each other to the point where there is only one of them left?  How do you pass that genetic improvement on to future generations?

2 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

Welcome to Marwen just got delayed a month and it is now coming out on December 21

He's playing a toy so why not make it a Christmas movie, right?

3 minutes ago, Curt McGirt said:
  Reveal hidden contents

You watch pro wrestling. Are you unfamiliar with roid users and their terrible backacne?

That might be the most accurate thing about the movie

4 hours ago, J.T. said:

The plot has been spoiled for me for quite some time, so that trailer really didn't ruin anything.

One thing that I find dumb about the new plot is:

Hide contents

Why are the Predators genetically enhancing themselves to be even better than they already are? 

As is, they can already kick our asses without even trying, hard..

The obvious reason is so that they can fight amongst themselves, but that's stupid.  How will they propagate their species if they kill each other to the point where there is only one of them left?  How do you pass that genetic improvement on to future generations?

I'm still seeing it, but yeah I really do hate that plot. I wish they would take us to a different time frame either far in the past or far in the future.

On 6/26/2018 at 5:08 PM, EVA said:

I want to have faith in Shane Black, but, man, Predator just keeps looking worse and worse.

My feelings exactly.

The first trailer got me hyped, but the second showed too much and made me think it might as well be called "Predator V: Electric Boogaloo". 

It almost left me hoping a Xenomorph would jump out and start chomping EVERYONE. 

But we know how those crossovers went. ?

I'm right there with you guys. There isn't much in either trailer that looks promising and this one showing a BIGGER, MEANER Predator does nothing for me. It's already the most lethal thing, why the hell does it need to be MOAR BIGGER?

Again, the formula for a Predator reboot is you bring in Arnold as the expert who has dealt with this before. The government wants to bring it back alive. A group of charismatic military dudes goes to the jungle to hunt the Predator. Arnold dies somewhere along the way. The movie comes down to the Predator and the very charismatic and likable military dude. They fight. Hell, maybe you do something really fucking crazy and bring in someone else near the end. The end.

This is that dude from Logan, Key, and some others in shitty settings.

The Rock announced that Jumanji 3 will come out on Dec 13, 2019 (one week before Star Wars Episode IX)

So yeah - that moving of Death on the Nile looks weirder and weirder

This is a Red Band Trailer for Mile 22

Considering 3 dudes get shot in the head and another has their arm broken - yup NSFW

Also Ronda Rousey's character appears to be a medical professional so that makes me giggle

On 6/28/2018 at 10:50 AM, Travis Sheldon said:

My feelings exactly.

The first trailer got me hyped, but the second showed too much and made me think it might as well be called "Predator V: Electric Boogaloo". 

It almost left me hoping a Xenomorph would jump out and start chomping EVERYONE. 

But we know how those crossovers went. ?

You know, that got me thinking, out of all the weapons it has at its disposal, why does it kill so often with the chompy tongue/head-within-a-head thing? I mean, I get that that's visceral body horror and that's why it's so prominently featured, but...gotDAMN that has got to be the least efficient kill method it has in its entire arsenal. It's the People's Elbow of Xenomorph murdering.

EDIT: Apparently the moray eel has a similar biological setup, but it uses the second mouth (a pharyngeal jaw) for biting and pulling bits of food in to help with swallowing & digestion. But chompy tongue is better, right?

On ‎6‎/‎28‎/‎2018 at 4:09 PM, RIPPA said:

This is a Red Band Trailer for Mile 22

Considering 3 dudes get shot in the head and another has their arm broken - yup NSFW

Also Ronda Rousey's character appears to be a medical professional so that makes me giggle

There will probably be not enough Iko Uwais in this movie for me to love it.

Jim Carey has signed on to be a villain in the Sonic the Hedgehog joint, so I'm guessing that he'll either be Dr. Robotnik or maybe Knuckles if they do the Master Emerald stuff in the first movie.  Knuckles will eventually join the good guys by the end of the movie.

27 minutes ago, J.T. said:

Jim Carey has signed on to be a villain in the Sonic the Hedgehog joint, so I'm guessing that he'll either be Dr. Robotnik or maybe Knuckles if they do the Master Emerald stuff in the first movie.  Knuckles will eventually join the good guys by the end of the movie.

The story I saw said it was definitely Robotnik

On 6/28/2018 at 9:55 AM, Craig H said:

I'm right there with you guys. There isn't much in either trailer that looks promising and this one showing a BIGGER, MEANER Predator does nothing for me. It's already the most lethal thing, why the hell does it need to be MOAR BIGGER?

Again, the formula for a Predator reboot is you bring in Arnold as the expert who has dealt with this before. The government wants to bring it back alive. A group of charismatic military dudes goes to the jungle to hunt the Predator. Arnold dies somewhere along the way. The movie comes down to the Predator and the very charismatic and likable military dude. They fight. Hell, maybe you do something really fucking crazy and bring in someone else near the end. The end.

This is that dude from Logan, Key, and some others in shitty settings.

Isn't the "Bigger, Meaner Predator" bit from Predators (2010), a film I liked, which they were trying to distance themselves from?

Keegan-Michael Key ain't gonna be able to comic relief this flick to something good.