DVDVR Message Board

[MOVIE] 2018 UPCOMING MOVIE THREAD

RIPPA

2 hours ago, J.T. said:

Bumblebee is 97% Fresh at RT with 36 reviews in.  

Apparently the key to making a good Transformers movie is not letting Michael Bay direct the fucking thing.

The trailer I saw today felt like it was a remake of the Iron Giant. 

4 hours ago, J.T. said:

Bumblebee is 97% Fresh at RT with 36 reviews in.  

Apparently the key to making a good Transformers movie is not letting Michael Bay direct the fucking thing.

That seems like a given. I mean even before this the only actively good Transformers movie was the original animated one.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Brian Fowler said:

Yeah. Each time Bay swore he was done, I started dreaming of a decent movie.

Then he kept changing his fucking mind.

Nice to know I wasn't alone in this feeling. I think the only reason I watched any after Bay's second film was to spend time with my brother and father.

3 hours ago, LoneWolf&Subs said:

Ahhhhh fuuuuuuuuuuck...

1545224331-entertainment-weekly-portada-

716VWoA+yBL._SL1500_.jpg

This Aladdin movie looks like it will be an aberration, but I'd totally pay to see Will Smith in a live action Shazzan movie as long as it led to live action Space Ghost and Herculoid films.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, CreativeControl said:

All those years playing Sonic as a kid and I never once thought he was furry ?

When I was a kid, I thought he had spines like an actual hedgehog, but he had spiky hair in the cartoons.

8 minutes ago, J.T. said:

This Aladdin movie looks like it will be an aberration, but I'd totally pay to see Will Smith in a live action Shazzan movie as long as it led to live action Space Ghost and Herculoid films.

Only if it leads to a Space Ghost C2C movie where Brak and Moltar try to murder Zorak repeatedly while Space Ghost tries to go on a date with Katy Perry. 

• Like 7

Will Smith is the one celebrity I can think of who is actively trying to become a living meme. Most famous people are trying to avoid anything like that, but there he is looking down binoculars and saying "That's Hot!" like people aren't going to edit it to make him endorse weird shit.

10 hours ago, LoneWolf&Subs said:

I really loved the Sam Jackson Shaft movie. A very very criminally underrated crime movie.

Sam Jackson, Christian Bale, and Jeffrey Wright had crazy protagonist / antagonist charisma.

After that and American Psycho, I thought that Bale would be typecast as psycho yuppie villains for the rest of his life and then BOOM~!, he reinvented himself overnight with The Machinist and Batman Begins.

8 hours ago, J.T. said:

Sam Jackson, Christian Bale, and Jeffrey Wright had crazy protagonist / antagonist charisma.

After that and American Psycho, I thought that Bale would be typecast as psycho yuppie villains for the rest of his life and then BOOM~!, he reinvented himself overnight with The Machinist and Batman Begins.

Well half true...

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

14 hours ago, J.T. said:

After that and American Psycho, I thought that Bale would be typecast as psycho yuppie villains for the rest of his life and then BOOM~!, he reinvented himself overnight with The Machinist and Batman Begins.

Well, he was gonna play Steve Jobs....

But yeah, Wright was great as Peoples Hernandez.

• Like 1

I remember watching Shaft on TBS, and watching a scene between Bale, and Wright. I was thinking the whole time that this was great dialogue. Almost felt like I was watching a Tarantino film. Then it turned to a scene with Sam Jackson’s Shaft, and I was like “wooooah”. I couldn’t believe that this remake/sequel of a Blaxploitation film wasn’t just some quick cash grab. They really put a lot of workmanship into making it a respectable film.