[MOVIE] 2018 UPCOMING MOVIE THREAD

RIPPA

12 hours ago, RIPPA said:

0.jpg?w=780

Tyler Perry as Colin Powell in Vice

Folks are trying to claim that Perry looks unrecognizable

That sounds to me like some people think Perry looks like Maeda in real life

Akira Maeda?

He looks like a composite character between Andrew Young and Harold Washington. 

Warner Bros has decided to just say fuck it and it doing to do both sequels to Crazy Rich Asians (the two books are China Rich Girlfriend and Rich People Problems) at the same time.

Production probably won't start until 2020. John M. Chu is slated to return as director and reportedly most of the original cast is in.

24 minutes ago, odessasteps said:

Funny. My reaction was "it's a shame it's not the kind of smaller and probably thoughtful film as Shin Godzilla." 

I loved Shin Godzilla too, but there is no way you can get a huge budget in Hollywood to make a 2 hour long political satire, unless this was 87’, and your name is Paul Verhoeven. So I’d rather have something closer to GMK, if we were getting another Godzilla.

I wonder how this will lead into Godzilla Vs. King Kong. Could we see King Ghidora potentially win to force our atomic lizard friend into teaming up with the big ape? Or could we see another Toho monster show up to challenge earths mightiest tag team? I honestly just hope that Mothra is tagging alongside them, and is playing the Dusty Rhodes to their Road Warriors.

• Like 1

Re: Triple Frontier

The first trailer for the Netflix action movie Triple Frontier is here, and promises a taut, gritty heist movie with a twist: they’re robbing one of the world’s most powerful cartels. While the mission itself is risky, it promises to follow those who participate for the rest of their lives. You can check out the trailer in the post below!

Triple Frontier stars Ben Affleck (Justice League), Oscar Isaac (Star Wars: The Last Jedi), Charlie Hunnam (The Lost City of Z), Garret Hedlund (Tron: Legacy) and Pedro Pascal (Game of Thrones).

The film has had a number of casting changes during its development, which dates back almost a decade. Among those attached over the years include stars like Johnny Depp, Tom Hanks, Mahershala Ali and Will Smith. Back in April, one-time cast members Tom Hardy (Mad Max: Fury Road) and Channing Tatum (21 Jump Street) left the film and Paramount Studios pulled out. Afterward, Affleck entered into talks for the lead role.

At one time, it was to be director Kathryn Bigelow’s follow-up to her Academy Award-winning The Hurt Locker. Screenwriter Mark Boal, who wrote the Iraq War epic, penned the script, set in the notorious border zone between Paraguay, Argentina and Brazil where the Iguazu and Parana rivers converge – making “la triple frontera” difficult to monitor and a haven for organized crime.

J.C. Chandor, the Oscar-nominated writer and director behind Margin Call, All Is Lost and A Most Violent Year, is taking the helm.

Triple Frontier will be available to stream on Netflix in March of 2019.

4 hours ago, LoneWolf&Subs said:

Are you talking about the thing at 1:06 into the trailer? I think that’s Mothra without her wings open.

Now that I've gone back to look, you're right. Hmmm, let me go dig up the first trailer, because my brain keeps insisting there was a Gamera in there. My brain is often dumb, however.

16 minutes ago, JLSigman said:

Now that I've gone back to look, you're right. Hmmm, let me go dig up the first trailer, because my brain keeps insisting there was a Gamera in there. My brain is often dumb, however.

At 1:08 the kid is offering their hand to a face that looks less like Mothra, but might still be her. 

On 12/10/2018 at 10:02 AM, Dolfan in NYC said:

New trailer for GODZILLA: KING OF THE MONSTERS

Wait, a real Godzilla movie AND Coach Freaking Taylor?  SIGN.  ME.  UP.

Also, that trailer looked freaking awesome.