DVDVR Message Board

[MOVIE] 2018 UPCOMING MOVIE THREAD

RIPPA

6 minutes ago, Dolfan in NYC said:

I can't imagine why they changed voices for the main character too.  

Since I didn't watch the first one, I had no idea what you were talking about and then I Googled

Another bit of Illumination news, they're going to do a Super Mario Bros. movie (with Miyamoto's help).   Tentatively scheduled for release in 2022.

https://www.vice.com/en_us/article/mbyj4n/super-mario-bros-movie-despicable-me-studio-illumination-shigeru-miyamoto-vgtrn

I cannot imagine that this will not be atrocious, but hey, there's IP to exploit, so.... ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Dolfan in NYC said:

Another bit of Illumination news, they're going to do a Super Mario Bros. movie (with Miyamoto's help).   Tentatively scheduled for release in 2022.

https://www.vice.com/en_us/article/mbyj4n/super-mario-bros-movie-despicable-me-studio-illumination-shigeru-miyamoto-vgtrn

I cannot imagine that this will not be atrocious, but hey, there's IP to exploit, so.... ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Fuck.  I was sorta hoping that the rumors of Illumination going with either Metroid or Zelda were true.

Maybe if Super Mario is a hit, Nintendo will be encouraged to put Samus and Link in feature CGI films.

2 minutes ago, Craig H said:

Brie Larsen said she wants to play Samus.

I say, yeah, let her. 

I would lose my shit if I heard this in a movie trailer.

If Illumination turned Skies of Arcadia into a trilogy, I would die of anticipation before the third film ever came out.

She pled her case for the role by going as Zero Suit Samus for Halloween.  

The girl on her right is obviously dressed as Captain Marvel, but is the other girl dressed as a White Mage from Final Fantasy?

Talk about hedging your bets.

26 minutes ago, J.T. said:

I am just waiting for the day when Nintendo Studios is on as big of a roll as Marvel Studios is on right now.

Youd think they could make a big CGI or even 2D Zelda movie and get plenty of money. 

18 hours ago, J.T. said:

She pled her case for the role by going as Zero Suit Samus for Halloween.  

The girl on her right is obviously dressed as Captain Marvel, but is the other girl dressed as a White Mage from Final Fantasy?

Talk about hedging your bets.

I think the other girl is maybe Spider-Gwen without the mask?

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 11/7/2018 at 4:37 PM, J.T. said:

Fuck.  I was sorta hoping that the rumors of Illumination going with either Metroid or Zelda were true.

Maybe if Super Mario is a hit, Nintendo will be encouraged to put Samus and Link in feature CGI films.

Never forget...