DVDVR Message Board

[MOVIE] 2018 UPCOMING MOVIE THREAD

RIPPA

1 hour ago, ChesterCopperpot said:

Why yes - I did want to see Kurt Russell as Santa Claus

I mean, when he's had a beard like the one he's had since the Hateful Eight, why not?

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

And to tie this all back together

New Glass trailer

Seems like they give A LOT away in the trailer

Yeah, people on YouTube are going batshit because that trailer pretty much covers all of the major story points.  

I won't watch it.

Are all those plot points given away by an actor speaking in a far-too-documentarian style, as though we're sitting in on a 70s-era drunk driving movie for high schoolers, like the goddamned psychiatrist in Split?  Because...holy shit, give me all the lines from True Detective Season 2 before that garbage.

• Haha 1

I think there's a horror thread because we've always had horror threads. And if there wasn't, most Octobers this thread would be absolutely over run with horror.

I mean, the threads usually stretch to anywhere from 20-50 paged.

On 10/11/2018 at 4:59 AM, ChesterCopperpot said:

Why yes - I did want to see Kurt Russell as Santa Claus

Looks like about half that trailer is straight out of "Elf". 

Well someone finally realized that Death on the Nile was gonna get murdered in its current release date and moved it again

Dec 20, 2019 becomes Oct 2, 2020

(12/20/19 is the day that Star Wars Chapter IX and the Cats adaptation are both opening)

Also Ad Astra (which stars Brad Pitt, directed by James Gray) has been moved to Memorial Day weekend. 01/11/19 becomes 5/24/19

The Destroyer trailer played at the showing of Halloween I went to. I leaned over and told my friend that Kidman looks like she got hit by a bus. He agreed. 

We also saw trailers for Escape Room, Glass (which he was hyped for), Ralph Wrecks the Internet (? weird placement), and Bohemian Rhapsody. As I said in the horror thread, if they ruin the latter I will want to go Michael Myers on the filmmakers.

COLETTE

Starring Kiera Knightly, Dominic West, Denise Gough

Directed By: Wash Westmoreland (The Last of Robin Hood, Quinceañera, Still Alice)

It's out now in the US, but not in the UK, and I felt like it deserved its place in the trailer thread.

• Like 1