DVDVR Message Board

[MOVIE] 2018 UPCOMING MOVIE THREAD

RIPPA

2 hours ago, RIPPA said:

What Men Want

HOLY FUCK! That's Brian Bosworth!

The spiritual sequel that did not have to happen has happened.

January 11th.  Hopefully my boo will pick this to be a Girl's Night Out movie, otherwise I know what I'll be doing on the afternoon of the 12th.

Taraji walks into a club, passing by Mel Gibson as he exits.

Gibson Inner Monologue: Have fun. 

He stops for a moment.

Gibson Inner Monologue: You know whose fault it is that this never got a sequel with me in it right? Right?! 

1 minute ago, (BP) said:

Taraji walks into a club, passing by Mel Gibson as he exits.

Gibson Inner Monologue: Have fun. 

He stops for a moment.

Gibson Inner Monologue: You know whose fault it is that this never got a sequel with me in it right? Right?! 

So at a glance, I read that as Tajiri. 

• Like 2

Jimmy Yong and Doua Moua have been cast as Ling and Po in the live action Mulan

Tess Thompson is reportedly in talks to voice Lady in the live action Lady and the Tramp

Searching 

Starring: John Cho, Debra Messing, Joseph Lee. Michelle La

Directed by Aneesh Chaganty

Transplanted this from the Horror Thread.

This movie plot is my worst nightmare.

No trailer, but Hold The Dark will be showing up on Netflix on September 28.  Directed by Jeremy Saulnier (Blue Ruin, Green Room), screenplay by Macon Blair, based on the novel of the same name.

"Summoned to a remote Alaskan village to search for the wolves that killed three children, a wolf expert soon finds himself unraveling a harrowing mystery."

Almost got suckered into making this one of my Toronto Film Festival picks before realizing I could just watch it at home two weeks later.

On 8/9/2018 at 5:06 PM, S.K.o.S. said:

All in on this Climax poster. Can I get this on a t-shirt?

Dc_Y02zV4AEHBYI.jpg:large

And here's the trailer...

CLIMAX

Directed by Gaspar Noe

Starring: Sofia Boutella

On 8/17/2018 at 9:33 AM, S.K.o.S. said:

No trailer, but Hold The Dark will be showing up on Netflix on September 28.  Directed by Jeremy Saulnier (Blue Ruin, Green Room), screenplay by Macon Blair, based on the novel of the same name.

"Summoned to a remote Alaskan village to search for the wolves that killed three children, a wolf expert soon finds himself unraveling a harrowing mystery."

Almost got suckered into making this one of my Toronto Film Festival picks before realizing I could just watch it at home two weeks later.

Here it is. 

HOLD THE DARK

Starring Jeffrey Wright, Alexander Skarsgard, and Riley Keough

• Like 2

On ‎8‎/‎22‎/‎2018 at 4:23 PM, Dolfan in NYC said:

And here's the trailer...

What's so brilliantly original about a movie about a Purple Passion party where someone fucked up and ate the fruit and went batshit insane?

When I was in High School, we called that "Saturday Night."

• Haha 1

The Big Trouble In Little China reboot is not a reboot; it is a sequel.

In an interview with Collider, Seven Bucks Productions’ (The Rock’s production company) president Hiram Garcia wants to set the record straight. You see, Johnson isn’t trying to be this generation’s Jack Burton. His “Big Trouble in Little China” is going to be a sequel of sorts.

Here’s what Garcia had to say about the upcoming sequel(?):

“There’s a lot of things going on with [‘Big Trouble in Little China’]. We are in the process of developing that, and let me tell you, the idea is not to actually remake ‘Big Trouble in Little China.’ You can’t remake a classic like that, so what we’re planning to do is we’re going to continue the story. We’re going to continue the universe of ‘Big Trouble in Little China.’ Everything that happened in the original exists and is standalone and I think there’s only one person that could ever play Jack Burton, so Dwayne would never try and play that character. So we are just having a lot of fun. We’re actually in a really great space with the story that we’ve cracked. But yeah, no remake. It is a continuation, and we are deep into development on that as well, and I think you’ll start hearing some things about that probably soon.”

Now, granted Garcia says that Johnson won’t take over the role made famous by Russell, but one can’t help but assume that whatever character The Rock plays, let’s just call him Schmack Schmurton, it will greatly resemble Russell. Otherwise, why make a ‘Big Trouble’ film, unless Schmack Schmurton is a loveable loser of a hero that is arrogant, but in way over his head?

We’ll have to wait and see, if and when Dwayne Johnson’s “Big Trouble in Little China” hits theaters.

I am still terrified of this project, but I am happy to see that someone had some common sense and figured out that the character of Jack Burton was geek iconic enough to deserve to remain undisturbed. 

If you want Jack Burton in the sequel, pay Kurt Russell some cameo money..

• Like 3

On 8/27/2018 at 10:00 PM, Dolfan in NYC said:

John Wick 3 is currently filming.  This is a still from the movie:

Reveal hidden contents

I have never been more excited for anything ever. 

• Like 1