DVDVR Message Board

[MOVIE] 2018 UPCOMING MOVIE THREAD

RIPPA

3 hours ago, RIPPA said:

hat They Had

It is Oscar bait time and this movie isn't afraid to roll out the cast for it

I should warm folks that this might be a difficult watch if you have had to deal with any sort of loved one dealing with Alzheimer's

It's being released in October.  Did they not read the Oscar Bait Playbook?

Regarding the future of Toho's Godzilla: I didn't know of this interview given by the head of the Godzilla franchise from that studio. No Shin Godzilla sequel and they basically want to do a shared universe with Mothra, Ghidorah and Radon getting their own movies, with a release every other year. So just another reboot like the ones in the 80s and 90s.

4 minutes ago, Oyaji said:

Regarding the future of Toho's Godzilla: I didn't know of this interview given by the head of the Godzilla franchise from that studio. No Shin Godzilla sequel and they basically want to do a shared universe with Mothra, Ghidorah and Radon getting their own movies, with a release every other year. So just another reboot like the ones in the 80s and 90s.

I hate auto-correct.  Don't you?

On 7/24/2018 at 8:08 AM, Craig H said:

They're also really fucking weird looking.

Every scene with the massive eyes just reminds me of Ready Player One and making me not really sure if they're going for realistic or looking like it's set inside a video game or somewhere in between.

It looks cool, but it's fucking with my brain.  

39 minutes ago, Oyaji said:

That's what it's called in Japan (from pteranodon), so it's what I guess I call it without thinking.

Just as I was teasing you like the idiotic Spelling Nazi I am, I remembered that the Toho changed the name from Radon to Rodan in the US so that no one would confuse the monster with the radioative noble gas / chemical element of the same name.

Radon gas being found in people's houses was just beginning to become a thing.

• Like 1

On 7/25/2018 at 5:32 PM, driver said:

His accent can't be any worse than Travolta's in Killing Season.

That movie is remarkably terrible. 

Mowgli (the Andy Serkis take on the Jungle Book) has been removed from its Oct 19, 2018 release date

Warner Brothers have sold the worldwide distribution rights to Netflix who will release the film sometime in 2019

41 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

Mowgli (the Andy Serkis take on the Jungle Book) has been removed from its Oct 19, 2018 release date

Warner Brothers have sold the worldwide distribution rights to Netflix who will release the film sometime in 2019

Cut your losses and put it on a platform where nobody will know if it bombed or not. Smart.

On ‎7‎/‎28‎/‎2018 at 11:31 AM, Dolfan in NYC said:

Denis did a great job for Blade Runner 2049, so I'm in.  Word is that he's only covering the first half of the novel in the first movie so the sequel will just be Dune Part Two..

My guess is that the first movie will still end up being close to three hours long.

I may have to bring a mug of coffee to the theater... or a blanket and pillow.