DVDVR Message Board

[MOVIE] 2018 UPCOMING MOVIE THREAD

RIPPA

3 hours ago, RIPPA said:

Per Hollywood Reporter - folks who have been cast in the Cats movie (yes - there is going to be a movie version of the Broadway musical)

• Taylor Swift
  • Jennifer Hudson
  • James Corden
  • Ian McKellen

Directed by Tom Holland (Of course)

Taylor Swift as a cat is gonna lead the Internet down an even darker hole...

I find that difficult to imagine.  Nothing stupid on the internet surprises me anymore.  My opinion of netizens in general is quite low.

• Like 1

Godzilla: King of the Monsters

When: May 31, 2019

Director: Michael Dougherty

Starring: Eleven, Norma Bates, the lady from the fish fucking movie, LetThemFight.gif, Crouching Tiger + Hidden Dragon, Coach Taylor, Obama's third term, Tywin Lannister, one of the guys from Silicon Valley, and some other TV stars I should probably know but don't

I propose a twenty year moratorium on using Clair de Lune in anything. 

• Like 3

COACH MOTHERFUCKIN TAYLOR IN THIS

Kyle Chandler is all I need. I'd explode into a million pieces of he gave a clear eyes full hearts can't lose speech to the king of monsters.

At the same time, this also wasn't what I was expecting after Skull Island. I loved Skull Island more than I should have and figured that would be the tone for the series. I also thought we were getting Kong vs Godzilla with some MONARCH sillyness thrown in. I'm just not sure about the world looking like it's blowing up in the movie.

I always figured the ultimate plan was Godzilla and Kong fighting at first and then teaming up against Ghidorah. The Monarch stuff is definitely in to some degree. You can hear Eleven calling for them in the teaser.

2 hours ago, West Newbury Bad Boy said:

Godzilla: King of the Monsters

When: May 31, 2019

Director: Michael Dougherty

Starring: Eleven, Norma Bates, the lady from the fish fucking movie, LetThemFight.gif, Crouching Tiger + Hidden Dragon, Coach Taylor, Obama's third term, Tywin Lannister, one of the guys from Silicon Valley, and some other TV stars I should probably know but don't

I propose a twenty year moratorium on using Clair de Lune in anything. 

I shat brix when I saw the yellow lighting. GHIDORAH, BITCHES~!

• Like 2

Speaking of Godzilla films, I watched the second Toho animated movie on netflix last night.  It's good, though like the first film there was too much focus on the humans for my liking.  I was hoping for some other kaiju being introduced and although Mothra and Ghidorah were mentioned/implied no one else showed up.

9 hours ago, Craig H said:

COACH MOTHERFUCKIN TAYLOR IN THIS

Kyle Chandler is all I need. I'd explode into a million pieces of he gave a clear eyes full hearts can't lose speech to the king of monsters.

You jerk, you stole my post.

Mothra is love. Mothra is life. Looks fucking great and I will be there with bells on. More importantly, this brings us one step closer to another Toho Godzilla movie. 

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Oyaji said:

Mothra is love. Mothra is life. Looks fucking great and I will be there with bells on. More importantly, this brings us one step closer to another Toho Godzilla movie. 

I am almost afraid of that.  I am not sure they can really top Shin Godzilla.  Toho can only hope to make something equally as good.

I have faith if they can get Anno back to at least write it. I know he's working on another NGE movie but he's got plenty of time because Godzilla vs. Kong doesn't come out for another two years. I mean, it won't be as good as Shin Godzilla because once you start introducing all the other kaiju it waters down what Godzilla represents but they're still fun as all hell. Maybe they do something different rather than just follow the pattern of introducing King Ghidorah and Mothra. That ending sure left us with plenty to think about.

2 hours ago, Dolfan in NYC said:

ALITA: BATTLE ANGEL

Starring Rosa Salazar and Christoph Waltz

I think it's hilarious and awesome that James Cameron kept Gally's huge anime eyes as a part of the character.

449605b76e299974333f1d97b5ef8129d07684d5

I trust that Robert Rodriguez will do an excellent job and this fucking movie will make me cry just like Gunnm did when read it many moons ago.

2 hours ago, Technico Support said:

Nah, @Betsy Zeidler is right.  The eyes are a really dumb choice and turn this into Uncanny Valley: The Movie.  It distracts from everything and there's literally no point to it.

They're also really fucking weird looking.

• Haha 1

What They Had

It is Oscar bait time and this movie isn't afraid to roll out the cast for it

I should warm folks that this might be a difficult watch if you have had to deal with any sort of loved one dealing with Alzheimer's