DVDVR Message Board

[MOVIE] 2018 UPCOMING MOVIE THREAD

RIPPA

6 minutes ago, Kuetsar said:

Isn't a Sonic movie about  25 years too late? Plus do the producers know Jim Carrey is washed up? Disaster waiting to happen. . . .

As much as I would love to see a Skies of Arcadia live action movie, I know that the studio would turn it into some YA monstrosity that I would hate.

Carrey's probably on the verge of a critical comeback with that Showtime series. In fact, they should just get Michael Gondry to direct it. I'm sure whatever cardboard shit he'd make in his basement would be more visually interesting than Carrey yelling at CGI for two hours. 

1 minute ago, (BP) said:

Carrey's probably on the verge of a critical comeback with that Showtime series. In fact, they should just get Michael Gondry to direct it. I'm sure whatever cardboard shit he'd make in his basement would be more visually interesting than Carrey yelling at CGI for two hours. 

If he were Dr. Wily in a Mega Man movie, it would probably be awesome.

Right now, I am fucking hating this Sonic movie idea with him as Robotnik..

Last I checked, we're still on a planet where the best direct (or nearly direct) adaptation of a video game to a movie was fricking Silent Hill (haven't seen AssCreed or the new TR), and yet it hasn't stopped anyone from throwing money at the idea. Sonic makes as much sense as anything. Surprised it took them this long, really.

If A SERIES OF UNFORTUNATE EVENTS taught me anything, it’s that you should probably hire Neil Patrick Harris for any villainy that you might otherwise be tempted to enlist Carrey for.

• Like 3

7 hours ago, Contentious C said:

Last I checked, we're still on a planet where the best direct (or nearly direct) adaptation of a video game to a movie was fricking Silent Hill (haven't seen AssCreed or the new TR), and yet it hasn't stopped anyone from throwing money at the idea. Sonic makes as much sense as anything. Surprised it took them this long, really.

Jumanji 2 wasn't a videogame first, but its the best depiction of a video game in a movie I think. . . .

1 hour ago, Kuetsar said:

Jumanji 2 wasn't a videogame first, but its the best depiction of a video game in a movie I think. . . .

In that direction, we might as well just go with Scott Pilgrim.

• Like 1

Sopranos prequel news 

Alan Taylor is returning to the world of The Sopranos — and bringing it to the big screen.

The Thor: The Dark World and Terminator: Genisys helmer has signed on to direct the Sopranos prequel film The Many Saints of Newark, EW has confirmed. He’ll work from a script by series creator David Chase and Sopranos writer Lawrence Konner, which New Line acquired in March.
The film is set amid the riots of 1960s Newark, New Jersey, which broke out as a result of tensions flaring between the city’s black and Italian residents. It’s currently unclear which Sopranos characters will appear in the film, though based on the time period, it’s possible that Tony’s father, Giovanni “Johnny Boy,” or his uncle Junior could make an appearance.
Taylor previously directed episodes of The Sopranos across four of the iconic show’s six seasons, including the season 6 episode “Kennedy and Heidi,” which won him an Emmy. He has also directed episodes of other prestige cable shows, like Game of Thrones, Boardwalk Empire, and Nurse Jackie.

My wife and I had Warcraft on in the background one night with the sound off while we were doing end of the day household stuff, and every once in a while we'd look up and be completely mystified by what we were seeing. It was always either a bunch of actors we recognized from television shows on horses or dozens and dozens of Shreks in what looked PS2 game cut scenes. 

On 7/3/2018 at 1:28 PM, Contentious C said:

TR was solid.

12 minutes ago, John Austin said:

I missed it but apparantly someone at Sony pictures uploaded a full movie instead of the trailer. Did anyone get to watch it before it was taken down?

The movie was Khali the Killer which I never heard of until Googling to find out what you were talking about.

The movie has been out since last year (out on DVD) so at least they didn't fuck up and doing it with like Venom