DVDVR Message Board

[MOVIE] 2018 UPCOMING MOVIE THREAD

RIPPA

I know this does not actually reflect well on me in terms of normalcy and/or acceptability in the general population, but the proudest I have ever been of my lovely wife was yesterday when I played the little pre-trailer teaser for the HALLOWEEN sequel, and before they even showed Jamie Lee Curtis, when it was just her voice singing the little song Laurie Strode sang in HALLOWEEN my wife recognized it and was like "OH SHIT HALLOWEEN SEQUEL?"

and I stopped the video and said "You GET me, baby. You get me."

That said I find it to be a really basic no-nonsense approach. There doesn't seem much conceptually "brilliant" or "Shit, I never would have thought of that" in it. I mean, they're basically running the plot of Part 4 right down to the crash and garage scene (and having one of my favorite actors play Laurie's daughter), but adding a touch of the brutalness of Zombie's style it seems.

I do hope it's more the original's ambience and jump scares than cruelty and uncomfortable torture of the earlier remakes. It seems that way from the trailer and that's great.  I also love how the lyrics to that little song have tranformed now. Laurie is singing "I wish I had you all alone, just the two of us." not as a love song but as a woman who is hoping to trap and murder her tormentor. 

I wonder if they'll explain why Michael still wants Laurie. She was a target of opportunity in the original. He maybe fixated on her because she approached his house singing like his sister had been. But does he really know who she is without the psychic/sister stuff they seem to be abandoning?

• Like 2

16 hours ago, EVA said:

My guess is that the Kubrick-ian mental hospital is the high water mark for this thing, and the rest of it is Jamie Lee Curtis wanting a paycheck. 

FTFY

Still, it looks like fun... more fun than the Zombie duo, anyhow. 

I like the Halloween trailer.  I don't know if there's anything groundbreaking or innovative about it but that's fine..  after the Zombie movies I could use a straightforward sequel that basically checks the boxes and hits all the notes and doesn't piss me off.  

On 6/10/2018 at 4:50 PM, HumanChessgame said:

First Man

Ryan Gosling is Neil Armstrong

I broke my ass working on this movie. Probably the only show I've worked on that I feel personally invested in. I hope it turns out good. Trailer looks awesome.

• Like 9