DVDVR Message Board

[MOVIE] 2018 UPCOMING MOVIE THREAD

RIPPA

Skyscraper Trailer #2

Two Things

1) Trailer shows the entire movie as usual

2) If their goal was to make you think it wasn't Die Hard in China, then they failed miserably.

So, Die Hard had a baby with Towering Inferno and made this movie.  

Fuck it, I'll still see it.  Stupid me and weakness for Die Hard and Towering Inferno flicks.

The fact that the hero is an amputee and still makes that statistically impossible jump just makes me want to watch that big dumb movie even more.

I will prove that it is possible to roll your eyes  :rolleyes: and genuinely shout FUCK YEAH~!  :o in a movie theater at the same time..

• Haha 2

Warner Bros. is developing George R.R. Martin’s fantasy novel “The Ice Dragon” as an animated movie with the “Game of Thrones” writer on board as a producer.

I think that GRRM is to the point where he is like, "Eh.  I don't have to write another SOFAI novel.  I'll let GoT finish the story for me."

Release Date Updates

Rocketman - May 17, 2019 (Elton John biopic with Taron Egerton playing Elton)

Pet Cementary - Moves up two weeks from April 19, 2019 to April 5

Limited Partners - June 28, 2019 (Tiffany Hadish comedy that is replacing Transformers 6)

Transformers 6 has been removed from the scheduled all together so RIP franchise after Bumblebee

More release date stuff

The Six Billion Dollar Man has been pushed back a year from May 31, 2019 to June 5, 2020

Godzilla: King of Monsters is moving back two months to take the SBDM slot (March 22, 2019 to May 31, 2019)

Doctor Sleep (adaptation of the sequel to The Shining) - January 24, 2020

7 hours ago, RIPPA said:

Pet Cementary - Moves up two weeks from April 19, 2019 to April 5

Oh, that auto correct.

7 hours ago, RIPPA said:

Doctor Sleep (adaptation of the sequel to The Shining) - January 24, 2020

Great story, a memorable villain in Rose the Hat who is both sexy and terrifying., and a not quite so bad for a Stephen King book ending and epilogue.

I am sure that,

Spoiler

King will use this movie to bring The Shining / Derryverse mythology more in line with his novel and finally get some distance from the movie.  It's no secret that he hates Kubrick's film adaptation for various reasons..

Personally, I agree with SK's points, but it's still a great piece of work and undeniably one of the best horror films ever made.

It will be interesting to see what exterior shot they use in the movie to represent what used to be the Overlook Hotel.  Will they go with the Stanley (King's original inspiration) or will the give Kubrick something of a fist bump and go with the Timberlake Lodge?

• Like 1

On 5/24/2018 at 7:28 AM, RIPPA said:

Release Date Updates

Transformers 6 has been removed from the scheduled all together so RIP franchise after Bumblebee

They are/were supposed to be rebooting the series after the Bumblebee film so I'm not sureTransformers 6 was a thing anyways.

I don't even have any kids and that Christopher Robin movie looks like one I'd enjoy.  Seems like just the right amount of "magical" to it.

3 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

Zack Snyder's next movie will be an adaptation of The Fountainhead

Clearly there is no God

Well if there was ever someone to do it...

1 hour ago, Curt McGirt said:

Because Ayn Rand reminded me of him, can somebody come up with a biopic of Anton LaVey sometime? He was far more carny and fun than reiterating any of that old hag's yuppie philosophy by adapting her work. 

Not quite what you're looking for, but Anton LaVey/church of Satan bring part of a handful of silicon valley storylines is funny stuff.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, RIPPA said:

Clearly there is no God

I could have sworn they (they meaning the trade papers) said he was making The Fountainhead right after BvS came out, and that seemed so out of left field then. 

6 hours ago, RIPPA said:

Clearly there is no God

This reminds me of when two wrestlers I don't care about have a program together and it's easier to fast forward through Raw or Smackdown. It's apparently really personally important to Snyder, but considering he could use a runaway hit right now it's a bad idea. As pervasive as Rand's ideology is, it didn't translate into success or acclaim for those Atlas Shrugged adaptations. 

13 hours ago, (BP) said:

This reminds me of when two wrestlers I don't care about have a program together and it's easier to fast forward through Raw or Smackdown. It's apparently really personally important to Snyder, but considering he could use a runaway hit right now it's a bad idea. As pervasive as Rand's ideology is, it didn't translate into success or acclaim for those Atlas Shrugged adaptations. 

Of course it'd fail.  It's not like anyone would believe that a group of people can make at least half the population have such a seething hatred of a philosophy that they would eagerly accept a corporate takeover of the United Stat-...

Fuck.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Sad 1