DVDVR Message Board

[MOVIE] 2018 UPCOMING MOVIE THREAD

RIPPA

Trailer Tease for Crazy Rich Asians (trailer out on Monday)

I legit didn't know this movie existed until SKOS considered putting it on the Blockbuster poll

On ‎4‎/‎20‎/‎2018 at 2:43 PM, RIPPA said:

Trailer Tease for Crazy Rich Asians (trailer out on Monday)

I legit didn't know this movie existed until SKOS considered putting it on the Blockbuster poll

That makes two of us.

On 4/20/2018 at 2:39 PM, HumanChessgame said:

I'm all for a MASK movie in theory, but the live action adaptations of Transformers and GI Joe do not inspire confidence.

I'm still waiting on a good He-Man movie. 

On 20/04/2018 at 2:43 PM, RIPPA said:

Not sure where I heard about it originally.  Probably in some article on Ghost in the Shell whitewashing.

Some sequel news - both relating to Jack Black

The sequel to Jumanji has been confirmed. It is scheduled for Christmas 2019 so it has decided to take on Episode IX and the film adaptation of Wicked. The Rock is confirmed to return, no word on the rest of the cast yet.

Goosebumps is getting a sequel this Halloween (who knew?). It will be called Goosebumps: Haunted Halloween

I guess there's an Indian remake of First Blood afoot, which somehow I either didn't know about or forgot about

http://deadline.com/2017/05/rambo-remake-tiger-shroff-siddharth-anand-sylvester-stallone-cannes-video-1202102293/

This is weird because for some reason I woke up the other day thinking about someone remaking that movie and thought "the worst thing they could possibly do is make Rambo black and kill cops and turn Teasle into the hero". Then I saw after watching one of the trailers in the other thread a dude that looked black on one of the Youtube recommended videos made up as Rambo, saying there was a remake, and had to look it up. Thankfully this is something I can be all in with, instead of the horror story I dreamed up. 

EDIT: Your poster

rambo-poster1.jpg?w=780

http://www.indiewire.com/2017/05/exclusive-first-look-rambo-poster-indian-remake-tiger-shroff-bollywood-cannes-1201829185/

M! Capital Ventures, Original Entertainment, Impact Films and Siddharth Anand Pictures will co-produce the film. Original Entertainment closed a five-picture deal with Millennium Films in 2013 for Bollywood remakes of “Rambo,” “The Expendables,” “16 Blocks,” “88 Minutes” and “Brooklyn’s Finest.”

Brooklyn's Finest?