DVDVR Message Board

[MOVIE] 2018 UPCOMING MOVIE THREAD

RIPPA

Won’t You Be My Neighbor?

...takes an intimate look at America’s favorite neighbor: Mister Fred Rogers. A portrait of a man whom we all think we know, this emotional and moving film takes us beyond the zip-up cardigans and the land of make-believe, and into the heart of a creative genius who inspired generations of children with compassion and limitless imagination.

EDIT: ALL THE F'N FEELS

Gary Whitta, scriptwriter on "Rogue One: A Star Wars Story," is teasing a hybrid reboot and sequel of cult 80s sci-fi film "The Last Starfighter."

The writer behind "Rogue One" has unveiled a selection of concept art pieces for a new version of "The Last Starfighter."

Earlier this week, and after the first weekend successes of "Ready Player One," Ernest Cline's second novel, "Armada," moved closer to cinematic reality after Universal Pictures hired a writer for the movie's draft screenplay.

"Armada" references 1980s cult classic "The Last Starfighter" and now it seems that Universal is moving ahead with a hybrid reboot and sequel for the latter movie.

7 minutes ago, turk128 said:

Or they sure it's not an adapt of Ernest Cline's (Ready Player One) latest book, Armada?

Reveal hidden contents

It's a blatant rip-off of "The Last Starfighter"

I was thinking the same thing.  In that article, they were being nice when they said that Armada "referenced" The Last Starfighter, IMO.

13 minutes ago, J.T. said:

I was thinking the same thing.  In that article, they were being nice when they said that Armada "referenced" The Last Starfighter, IMO.

Dumb me for not reading it entirely and just skipping to the tweet!

Being Hollywood, I predict they will still adapt Armada and tie it into Last Starfighter.

On 4/8/2018 at 7:39 AM, RIPPA said:

The next Terminator movie has been moved from July 26, 2019 to Nov 22, 2019

It will now be going head to head with a Marvel movie

Besides a film here and there, we're getting a good look at why Paramount is in rough shape.

• Like 1

On 11/16/2017 at 7:00 PM, Elsalvajeloco said:

I think this is the best time to post this:

b7noqs.jpg

If this doesn't end up last on the Rotten Tomatoes list for next year's summer blockbuster contest, I completely give up on life.

Jaws meet bigger Jaws

THE MEG

Directed by: Jon Turteltaub

Starring: Jason Statham, Cliff Curtis, Rainn Wilson, Ruby Rose, and Li Bingbing

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, S.K.o.S. said:

Summer blockbuster what?  Oh yeah.  I really gotta get on that.  Was busy with the whole New Orleans trip thing.

The movie that would've been #1 on my ballot debuted in February.

The movie that would've been #2 will be in theaters in two and a half weeks.

14 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

It is easy to say now that you would put Black Panther over Solo

You knew from the buzz in November that Black Panther had a license to print money.

I want Solo to do well, but even the sound of Alden Ehrenreich smarmy tone makes me angry.

Infinity War is arguably the film to beat this "summer," depending on whether or not it will be en vogue for critics to hate on it.  The #2 movie on my BO ballot would probably be Incredibles 2.

With my luck, Skyscraper will have a 98% Fresh rating and make over two billion dollars when I am banking on it to be this year's Transformers aka high BO / crap RT.

On 4/7/2018 at 1:07 PM, odessasteps said:

I saw Last Starfighter so many times in the theater. 

Whenever someone asks me "What do we do?"   I still do the flap of the eye and say "We die."

• Like 2

22 hours ago, Elsalvajeloco said:

Jaws meet bigger Jaws

THE MEG

Directed by: Jon Turteltaub

Starring: Jason Statham, Cliff Curtis, Rainn Wilson, Ruby Rose, and Li Bingbing

Yeah, I'll go see this. But, man, "The Meg" is a terrible name.