DVDVR Message Board

[MOVIE] 2018 UPCOMING MOVIE THREAD

RIPPA

I wouldn't get too excited since the Bumblebee movie (the one with John Cena) is still happening.

Plus the word on the street is that they yanked 6 because they are going to reset the Universe and make some sort of Mattel Universe set of movies with GI Joe and other properties.

34 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

I wouldn't get too excited since the Bumblebee movie (the one with John Cena) is still happening.

Plus the word on the street is that they yanked 6 because they are going to reset the Universe and make some sort of Mattel Universe set of movies with GI Joe and other properties.

Bumblebee is directed by the Kubo guy though.

1 hour ago, RIPPA said:

Resetting the Universe and giving us the old Marvel/Hasbro G1/GI Joe universe is way better than the shit we've been getting.

• Like 4

11 hours ago, Raziel403 said:

Resetting the Universe and giving us the old Marvel/Hasbro G1/GI Joe universe is way better than the shit we've been getting.

Maybe they can make a movie where all the Transformers don't all look the fucking same maybe?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

13 hours ago, RIPPA said:

Bumblebee has already finished filming and is in post production so it makes sense they would still release it. I don't mind resetting the franchise but ENOUGH with the shared universe shit! 

11 hours ago, HumanChessgame said:

I liked Hurricane Heist better when it was called Hard Rain.

Hard Rain was a really underrated movie. I enjoyed it a lot. 

• Like 1

On 2/21/2018 at 9:51 AM, Raziel403 said:

You mean movies based off the beloved original series and not garbage like Sigma 6? 

The next version of Robin Hood (the one with Taron Egerton, Jamie Doran and Ben Mendelsohn) has been moved from Sept 21, 2018 to Nov 21, 2018

A Simple Favor - which is the next Paul Feig movie (with Anna Kendrick and Blake Lively) has gotten a Sept 14, 2018 release date.

It is listed as a Thriller so take that for what it is worth.

RALPH BREAKS THE INTERNET:  WRECK IT RALPH 2

Starring John C. Reilly, Sarah Silverman, and Tajiri P. Henson

I dunno.  This isn't filling me with confidence... It looks like a better Emoji Movie.

3 hours ago, RIPPA said:

The Week Of

It's Adam Sandler and Chris Rock so you pretty much know what you are getting

I feel like this is a rib on the criticism that Sandler just makes movies so he can take his family and friends on exotic vacations.

• Like 2

That's a Sandler/Netflix collaboration I'll at least give a chance. Realistic locations, age appropriate normal looking wives, minor class commentary? All improvements. It's still very sitcomesque stuff dependent on the charm of the actors, but there seems to be more effort than usual. 

Tarantino's new movie will be called: Once Upon A Time In Hollywood

Tarantino describes it as “a story that takes place in Los Angeles in 1969, at the height of hippy Hollywood. The two lead characters are Rick Dalton (Leonardo DiCaprio), former star of a western TV series, and his longtime stunt double Cliff Booth (Brad Pitt). Both are struggling to make it in a Hollywood they don’t recognize anymore. But Rick has a very famous next-door neighbor…Sharon Tate.”

Margot Robbie rumoured to play Tate. Rumours of Pacino as a prosecutor as well. Shut up and take my money.

• Like 1

I'm curious about how much of the actual murders are in the movie. Manson may not even be a character. It certainly looks like it's more Tarantino making some kind of point about the transition from Old Hollywood to Easy Riders, Raging Bulls Hollywood.