DVDVR Message Board

[MOVIE] 2018 UPCOMING MOVIE THREAD

RIPPA

I saw one story that suggested a draft of the screenplay featured the Harrowing of Hell, the period between the Crucifixion and Resurrection when some texts claim Jesus descended into hell to free the righteous.  Granted, the "hell" in question likely refers to Sheol, the Jewish underworld of the dead, and not fire-and-pitchforks brand of Hell as modern Christians know it, but Mel Gibson would 100% make it about Jesus battling through demons and confronting Satan and I will 100% watch something that crazy.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

The best would be all the churches who send their parishioners by the buses to see those types of movies would probably be all SEE!!! I TOLD THAT HAPPENED!!!!

ground-and-pound.jpg

This shirt will be selling like hotcakes again a week from release day.

• Haha 2

That jump is...not remotely possible. At the very least they could have positioned the crane higher. And before anyone says to not apply science to a dumb summer action move, I understand that, it doesn't need to be pointed out. Even still, at least TRY to make some of this stuff look plausible. 

Yeah that's him busting his head against glass, breaking his legs and sternum against the frame, falling into flames and dying an instant, horrible death 30 stories down sometime after he loses consciousness from oxygen deprivation. Ain't no way he's going in that broken window. 

Just to get all morbid on you

• Like 1

Just now, Curt McGirt said:

Yeah that's him busting his head against glass, breaking his legs and sternum against the frame, falling into flames and dying an instant, horrible death 30 stories down sometime after he loses consciousness from oxygen deprivation.

Now THAT would be an original concept! 

Rawson Marshall Thurber  directed Skyscraper, so I'm still optimistic that it's going to be good. But damn, that's some hardcore 9/11 imagery. Also, Ghost Protocol has the greatest set piece built around a tower I've ever seen, and I don't think anything in this is going to touch it. 

Damn, you guys probably ripped Toy Story a new asshole when it was originally released because “action figures coming to life?! I know we can’t apply logic to kids’ movies, but.... (insert bashing of plot details here)”

Good grief.

• Haha 1