DVDVR Message Board

[MOVIE] 2018 UPCOMING MOVIE THREAD

RIPPA

Love, Simon

Also the released the soundtrack listing to appeal to the Kids.

LOVE, SIMON Soundtrack Track Listing:
1. Alfie’s Song (Not So Typical Love Song) – Bleachers
2. Rollercoaster – Bleachers
3. Never Fall In Love – Jack Antonoff & MØ
4. Strawberries & Cigarettes – Troye Sivan
5. Sink In – Amy Shark**
6. Love Lies – Khalid & Normani
7. The Oogum Boogum Song – Brenton Wood
8. Love Me – The 1975
9. I Wanna Dance With Somebody – Whitney Houston
10. Someday At Christmas – Jackson 5
11. Wings – Haerts
12. Keeping A Secret – Bleachers*
13. Wild Heart – Bleachers

*Does not appear in film
**Version does not appear in film

• Like 1

Efron is playing Ted Bundy in the movie called Extremely Wicked, Shockingly Evil and Vile

It is being directed by Joe Berlinger in his first "fiction" film. (Berlinger has done a bunch of documentaries including Metallica: Some Kind of Monster, the ones about Whitey Bulger and Tony Robbins and he got an Oscar nomination for one of the Paradise Lost docs)

Only other cast members listed besides Efron are Lily Collins and John Malkovich

4 minutes ago, S.K.o.S. said:

I feel like that title's going to get changed before the movie is released.  At the very least it should be shortened.

Yeah, maybe something like Live Die Repeat or Edge of Tomorrow or All You Need is Kill. Those all seem like good titles that could be used for a movie...

7 minutes ago, Craig H said:

Yeah, maybe something like Live Die Repeat or Edge of Tomorrow or All You Need is Kill. Those all seem like good titles that could be used for a movie...

Titles get changed pre-release fairly often (latest example I can think of is the Evan Rachel Wood movie Allure, which had previously been titled A Worthy Companion) but once the movie's out there, I think they should pick a name and stick to it. :)

Just gonna throw this out there: it needs to be as good or better than Ted Bundy. That's a really underrated creepshow of a film. It also featured Ted Bundy putting a large potted plant into the back of his Beetle from the front of a strip mall store and just driving off with it which is one of the weirdest, funniest things in a very dark movie. 

Heh, guess they could use A Worthy Companion for the title... 

The Weinstein Company has pulled The War with Grandpa, The Upside and Mary Magdalene from their release schedule, according to Deadline. The three Dimension films are now listed by The Weinstein Company as “unset 2018.” The War with Grandpa stars Robert De Niro and Christopher Walken and was set for February 23. The Upside stars Bryan Cranston and was set for March 9, and Mary Magdalene stars Rooney Mara and was set for March 30 in limited release.

So not only was Rooney Mara playing Mary Magdalene but Joaquin Phoenix was Jesus and Chiwetel Ejiofor was Peter

Went to see The Post yesterday, and I liked it. Good performances from the whole cast, and it flowed well.  Only complaint was I thought 

Spoiler

The last scene showing the Watergate burgerlers was pretty superflous and too cute by half.

but that's pretty minor. Then I watched Logan Lucky and while it had a few funny moments, it was a fucking mess.