DVDVR Message Board

[MOVIE] 2018 UPCOMING MOVIE THREAD

RIPPA

This was announced right before Xmas

The A Star is Born remake (the one being directed by Bradley Cooper that has Lady Gaga) has had its release date moved again

1st Date was 9/28/18

2nd Date was 5/18/18

3rd Date is now 10/5/18

10 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

This was announced right before Xmas

The A Star is Born remake (the one being directed by Bradley Cooper that has Lady Gaga) has had its release date moved again

1st Date was 9/28/18

2nd Date was 5/18/18

3rd Date is now 10/5/18

Speaking of Warner Bros., kinda lost in all the sexual assault/harrassment talk is George Miller and his production company Kennedy Miller Mitchell are embroiled in a lawsuit with Warner Bros. over whether or not WB owes the production company money. WB claims that Fury Road went overbudget thus the production company doesn't get a bonus. The production company is arguing that WB made those calculations by adding costs that should be excluded, which if they were would put Fury Road underbudget.

FIFTY SHADES FREED

SHOCKING TWIST AT THE END~! I don't fucking know... that's what the story I got this from said.

I liked it better when the trailers were shot like horror movies

45 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

STEP SISTERS

Black girl teaches white girls how to step so she can get into Harvard Law School.

I can't wait to read Armond White's glowing review!

• Haha 1

35 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

I feel like Dakota Johnson has hated every movie she has ever been in

My heart sank when I heard that she was going to be in the Suspiria reboot.  It was worse than hearing about there being a Suspiria reboot in the first place.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

I feel like Dakota Johnson has hated every movie she has ever been in

If I had her Filmography, I'd hate almost every movie I'd ever been in too.

• Like 2

The thing with Johnson and Dornan is that they always acted like they were above the material and that they only did the Shades movies because it would open doors for them, but then the doors never materialized and they're just anchored to an awful franchise for the rest of their careers.

Step Sisters would be better as a sequel to Step Brothers, but with Will Ferrell and John C. Reilly dressed up as women because fuck it, why not.

GIVE US A FUCKING STEP BROTHERS SEQUEL

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

14 hours ago, (BP) said:

The thing with Johnson and Dornan is that they always acted like they were above the material and that they only did the Shades movies because it would open doors for them, but then the doors never materialized and they're just anchored to an awful franchise for the rest of their careers.

Yeah, it's a shame that the 50 Shades dreck is what people will think of with Dornan instead of his awesome work in the amazing The Fall tv show.

Whelp the critics are gonna have to suck it up because Netflix announced Bright will get a sequel and both Will Smith and Joel Edgerton will return and David Ayer will write and direct again.

31 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

Whelp the critics are gonna have to suck it up because Netflix announced Bright will get a sequel and both Will Smith and Joel Edgerton will return and David Ayer will write and direct again.

I thought it was okay and a bit heavy handed on the social commentary, but I don't think this one has legs narrative wise for a sequel. It's every buddy cop film from the early 2000s mixed with some random fantasy bullshit and the Fifth Element. I'm fine with it just being regulated to one film and moving on.  I'm not interested in Ward and Jakoby enough to invest myself in another film. 

Bright is not a horrible movie, but it's not a very good one, either.

If you put Lord of the Rings:  The Two Towers on a Blu-Ray Player in one room and Alien Nation on a Blu-Ray Player in another room and ran back and forth for about ninety minutes, you will pretty much get the same effect.

• Haha 1

12 hours ago, Elsalvajeloco said:

I thought it was okay and a bit heavy handed on the social commentary, but I don't think this one has legs narrative wise for a sequel. It's every buddy cop film from the early 2000s mixed with some random fantasy bullshit and the Fifth Element. I'm fine with it just being regulated to one film and moving on.  I'm not interested in Ward and Jakoby enough to invest myself in another film. 

Its sad. I saw the movie last Friday, thought it was decent enough, but could not remember the names of Smith's and Edgerton's characters at all.