DVDVR Message Board

NFL 2017 - WEEK 17

RIPPA

On 12/31/2017 at 8:23 PM, Infinit said:

LOL RAVENS! So happy for the Bills and all the Bills fans out there.

As a Ravens fan I can't help but wonder why all the hate.  It sucks seeing a couple pages of hate spewed on them, it's like they killed your puppies.  If it's hating on Flacco he had a rather decent couple games at the end, but admittedly he blew it (so did everyone else really)  But if it's hating on other factors like past players or the city in general then that doesn't seem like a valid reason to me.  Shit, we're conditioned to hate the Browns and even I don't take glee in a team that's 1-31 past two seasons.

But I am surprisingly happy for the Bills.  Always love seeing a team that's either had a long drought or never made the playoffs get in so hoping they do well.  But if they're going to send Wings to those that helped might as well send some to the Ravens for blowing it.  Or send it to me and I'll eat them on their behalf, either way works.

37 minutes ago, NikoBaltimore said:

As a Ravens fan I can't help but wonder why all the hate.  It sucks seeing a couple pages of hate spewed on them, it's like they killed your puppies.  If it's hating on Flacco he had a rather decent couple games at the end, but admittedly he blew it (so did everyone else really)  But if it's hating on other factors like past players or the city in general then that doesn't seem like a valid reason to me.  Shit, we're conditioned to hate the Browns and even I don't take glee in a team that's 1-31 past two seasons.

But I am surprisingly happy for the Bills.  Always love seeing a team that's either had a long drought or never made the playoffs get in so hoping they do well.  But if they're going to send Wings to those that helped might as well send some to the Ravens for blowing it.  Or send it to me and I'll eat them on their behalf, either way works.

I'm a Steelers fan, and the Bills are my "home" team, so seeing the Ravens choke gave me great joy. But to be honest, it felt totally unnatural and somewhat dirty to cheer for the Bengals lol.

• Haha 2

31 minutes ago, NikoBaltimore said:

I can't get too bothered by Ravens hate and I'm from Baltimore.  First, it's pretty normal in fandom to hate a few teams and take pleasure in their misfortunes.  For me, it's the Redskins, Steelers, and Patriots.  Second, the Ravens and their fans brought a lot of it on themselves over the years for:

• Harboring and standing behind a sanctimonious blowhard who at worst killed a dude and, at best, helped cover up a murder
  • Standingbehind Ray Rice despite having video footage of him punching a woman out
  • Stealing another city's team after crying for years after it happened to them
  • Desperately believing every blown call is the result of an NFL conspiracy against Baltimore because Paul Tagliabue said something shitty one time

Seriously, just read any of Deadspin's Why Your Team Sucks articles and get the full appreciation for how other teams' fans, and even Baltimore's own, see this team.  And then read some for other teams and just enjoy yourself.  It's all the same, everywhere.