DVDVR Message Board

SDL is The Gift of Redemption - 12/26/2017

Dolfan in NYC

That Corbin/Roode match with ten more minutes would've been my ideal WrestleMania US title match. But instead Corbin just cannot catch a break. Really liked the potential of their rivalry when it looked like a slow build to Roode dethroning Corbin but I guess that was nothing.

The tag division is really fun right now.  There's a lot of parity, but I almost feel like Gable is going to get boned about another title run when an unexpected team suddenly gets traction.  First it was Rhyno and Slater, now it maybe Rusev Day.  The crowd was into them big time tonight.   I also love Rusev's Chong Li hyped as the crowd cheers for him...

I know there's cooperation, but Gable doing the double german on E and Aiden was crazy:

Also hilarious, Liv wishing everyone happy holidays as they try to make an exit

• Like 2

This tag division is awesome right now.

Like that Jinder is in the US title scene. I think that his title run was fine but give him a longer build in the midcard before bringing him back up.

I would totally be down with AJ defending the title against both Owens and Zayn at the Rumble.

1 hour ago, TheVileOne said:

Why not just put the title on Roode?  Wouldn't that have been best?  

No, it would have been glorious...

Thanks, I know the way out...

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

I'm baffled as to why Jinder didn't win the US title in the summer giving AJ/Owens with Shane's shenanigans the WWE title to feud over. I think in hindsight given Jinder totally bombed and wasn't the draw they were expecting in India (Indians aren't morons, they know Jinder is Canadian) it would have worked better that way. But anyway, we're getting exactly this now and I'm not mad at it. 

As others have touched on the tag division is aces. Not only the titles but also Breezango/Bludgeon brothers/Ascension have their own separate thing going on. 

All this weird Ziggler shit isn't leading to him winning the Rumble, is it? 

There are some who believe Dolph is gonna be put in the tournament (part of the reason the full bracket hasn't been announced yet)

That would be even more infuriating than whatever they had originally be planned

5 hours ago, RIPPA said:

There are some who believe Dolph is gonna be put in the tournament (part of the reason the full bracket hasn't been announced yet)

That would be even more infuriating than whatever they had originally be planned

What is the deal with Dolph?  Someone on here said they took him off tv so he could shoot a movie?

Meltzer was talking about his contract status last week, saying he probably wouldn't leave because he's never wrestled anywhere but WWE and doesn't seem to have the drive to go to the indys or hustle up a spot in Japan.  Is it contract time already?  I didn't actually hear Dave say Dolph's contract was up.

That three way tag match was great. I cringe every time Big E does that spear to the floor but he always pops back up so maybe I should stop worrying. Wish Naomi/Riott had more time, I bet they could tear it up given a chance.

Also, what was the deal with Nattie's promo at Clash of Champions only to come out pretty much the same as always last night? This promo doesn't explain much.

3 hours ago, Keep Calm, Akira Hokuto On said:

What is the deal with Dolph?  Someone on here said they took him off tv so he could shoot a movie?

Only place I saw that bit about the movie was on this board in last week's thread

The person who posted it didn't have a source so I am just assuming someone made it up on Reddit

The USO's might be my new favorite commentator's in the WWE. The match was great, but man they had me cracking up with all those snide remarks they were making about everyone in the match.

I think you're all looking too deep into this US Title thing with Dolph. They clearly just winged the whole thing together last week. Hell, Bobby probably was gonna win only for Vince at the last second be like "nah, Dolph will" and that just screwed up everything Bobby and Baron could have had rolling into the Rumble. 

Now, there's something I saw that cracked me up after all the women of Smackdown stood tall against The Riott Squad. Carmella has to be the dumbest MITB winner ever. Charlotte was taken out and it would have been the perfect time to cash in on her. I honestly think they completely forgot about the MITB she has. Aside from having the case, they don't even really acknowledge it outside of the ring introduction.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Phantom Lord said:

Now, there's something I saw that cracked me up after all the women of Smackdown stood tall against The Riott Squad. Carmella has to be the dumbest MITB winner ever. Charlotte was taken out and it would have been the perfect time to cash in on her. I honestly think they completely forgot about the MITB she has. Aside from having the case, they don't even really acknowledge it outside of the ring introduction.

They literally teased her cashing it in within the last couple of weeks on a Smackdown or PPV.

15 hours ago, Phantom Lord said:

The USO's might be my new favorite commentator's in the WWE. The match was great, but man they had me cracking up with all those snide remarks they were making about everyone in the match.

It's amazing how naturally charismatic they are.  Along with being an excellent tag team they've knocked it out of the park with the promos and commentary.  I am especially fond of the way they say Shelton's name, something about it just cracks me up.

The full brackets for the US Title Tournament have been revealed

For those unable to watch

One side is: 

Roode/Corbin and Mojo/Ryder

The other side is:

Jinder/Tye and Xavier Woods/Aiden English