DVDVR Message Board

Raw Walks With Elias - 12/25/2017

Dolfan in NYC

3 hours ago, Brysynner said:

So Reigns has yet to beat Joe right?

Also I thought Elias ceiling was upper midcard but I think he's the credible heel world champion Smackdown needs

One-on-one, no. He did pin Joe in a multi-man last year during the summer.

I'm hoping the Bar dropping the tag titles is just to further the Seth/Jordan angle.  But it also seems quite possible Sheamus is about to take time off or retire.  He's got the same neck injury that forced Edge into retirement and there's been a rumor gong around that he might retire any week now.  Not a huge fan of his singles career, but the Bar have been pretty entertaining.  Ideally, if Sheamus retires, Cesaro gets a singles push, but I'm not betting too heavily on that.

Man, I feel bad for Cesaro and his tag team partners. Cesaro finds success in a tag team, his partner winds up having to retire or looks like they don't have too much longer to wrestle, and Cesaro is back to square one because apparently creative only knows how to book him in a tag team.

Of course, it goes without saying that at least Cesaro can still perform. 

9 minutes ago, Craig H said:

Man, I feel bad for Cesaro and his tag team partners. Cesaro finds success in a tag team, his partner winds up having to retire or looks like they don't have too much longer to wrestle, and Cesaro is back to square one because apparently creative only knows how to book him in a tag team.

There's this one guy down in NXT that would be perfect for a tag team with Cesaro. In name only, the Kings of Wrestling can't reign supreme, their opponents can still feel the wrath of CesarOhno.

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, Meltzing Pot said:

As much as I’d love to see him succeed in WWE, can’t Itami just go to New Japan already and be done with it? His time in WWE has been cursed, and he’s already wasted so many of what would be prime years.

What I would call KENTA's prime years were about 10-12 years ago in NOAH and ROH.

14 hours ago, Brysynner said:

Also I thought Elias ceiling was upper midcard but I think he's the credible heel world champion Smackdown needs

I agree with you, I thought he'd be on the C shows by now because of the gimmick but he had done well with it and he has been exceptional in the ring. I definitely would like to see AJ work with him on SD at some point. 

I didn't see Jordan and Rollins winning the titles, I was waiting for his full heel turn. He is showing good heel mannerisms and I know people have been waitingfor it but it will hurt him if they slow burn too long.

Joe is also a great heel, I forget how good a heel he is because  he's one of those Indy guys that you try not to boo because you want to see  him over. When he came on the main roster he was HHHs heater and he was basically put in a spot to build to Hunters Mania match and the build to his Brock match he wasn't a clear heel even up to SummerSlam I wasn't sure what he was. After Survivor Series He's built back steam and it seems like he's a good threat to Reigns title so I can't complain.

17 hours ago, evilwaldo said:

Yeah, Sheamus may be retiring due to his neck.

I guess Elias get's Dean's push now that Dean is out for nine months and there is nobody to work the gimmick.

Elia said joining The Shield?

The Big Dog

The Architect

And someone who wants people to walk with a Lion.

11 hours ago, Craig H said:

I mean Cesaro is showing far more than he ever has currently. Dude's main eventing Raw's and a PPV. I think he's set for a push post Sheamus.

I'm just sad we may never get a full on end to their best of Seven. Now that's a retirement match for Sheamus.