DVDVR Message Board

Merry Christmas 2017 and Happy New Year 2018 wishes!

The Natural

Holy fuck, OSJ.  We had a houseful of people over for the holidays so I'd rather not have flashbacks of all f the cleaning I had to get done after they all left on the 26th.

Note that doesn't even include the taking down and packing of Christmas decorations on New Year's Day.

I am getting more rest imaging these laptops for the fucking ROC Drill next week.

On 12/29/2017 at 7:56 AM, Zimbra said:

Underwear, socks, and work clothes are all top-tier gifts when you're an adult.

Fuck that shit, give me books or give me death.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, OSJ said:

Fuck that shit, give me books or give me death.

Spoken like a man that lives in Arizona who has no need of things like long johns or winter coats.

There are no words for how happy I was to get thermal socks for Christmas.  I am wearing a pair right now and they are fucking fabulous.

1 minute ago, J.T. said:

Spoken like a man that lives in Arizona who has no need of things like long johns or winter coats.

There are no words for how happy I was to get thermal socks for Christmas.  I am wearing a pair right now and they are fucking fabulous.

You fucking kidding? I'm in the high desert in New Mexico, it gets cold as a motherfucker at night. Often sub-zero temps, there's a huge seasonal tragedy with local drunks getting frozen to death, bottle in hand. It took me several years down here to stop wearing flip-flops year round, snow or no snow, I'm not going out in it very often so who cares? Well, my doctor pointed out that the discoloration to my lower extremities as a result of such behavior was permanent and he wished I'd knock it off... Message received.

• Haha 2

Yeah, the desert is only hot during the day.

Naimark would be upset with me that I briefly lost my science and lapsed on the fact that that all that silicon holds like zero heat for the nighttime hours.

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, J.T. said:

Holy fuck, OSJ.  We had a houseful of people over for the holidays so I'd rather not have flashbacks of all f the cleaning I had to get done after they all left on the 26th.

Note that doesn't even include the taking down and packing of Christmas decorations on New Year's Day.

I am getting more rest imaging these laptops for the fucking ROC Drill next week.

We don't know enough people here to have a houseful unless the relatives from Alaska descend as they did Thanksgivings past (the year we did two Thanksgiving dinners, one was traditional Tlingit foodstuffs and the other traditional Navajo foods. Yeah, the only Irish dude in the family got boned, not that Irish cuisine is anything to get excited about. Still, with ten cats it seems like every day is a houseful... ;-)

2 minutes ago, J.T. said:

Yeah, the desert is only hot during the day.

Naimark would be upset with me that I briefly lost my science and lapsed on the fact that that all that silicon holds like zero heat for the nighttime hours.

Let me amend that if I may, the high desert is only hot during the day in spring and summer and part of fall otherwise it is cold as a motherfucker.

The complete box set of Batman: The Animated Series.

The Dark Knight Trilogy box set.

Stan Lee/Steve Ditko's Amazing Spider-Man Omnibus.

All Star Superman.

A jumper knit by my Sister.

A light up Batman logo.

The Tenth Doctor Funko Pop.

I have a great Mum, Dad, Sister and my close group of friends in Adam, Alyson and Conrad.

• Like 2

No one knows what to get me, but they're vaguely aware I watch wrestling, so among other things I  got a Booty-Os plush blanket. It complements the colors of the Trolls Princess Poppy oversized pillow my 2-year-old received and subsequently abandoned that I'm now using on the couch. 

• Like 2