DVDVR Message Board

WWE ROYAL RUMBLE 2018 (Jan 28, 2018)

RIPPA

On 1/26/2018 at 2:03 PM, odessasteps said:

Kofi or E would have a much better chance of winning if the show was a week later in February. 

Lol, if the Rumble was in Feb, Marc Mero would have won it at least once.

Kofi would still be waiting.

• Haha 1

Yes - he asked for his release and they gave it to him because his deal was up in like April and he pretty much told them he wasn't coming back.

Dave is saying the Roode challenger is a "big surprise" so Lashley would qualify.

Also - someone else mentioned it already but apparently there is a lot of chatter that the women's match will close

• Like 1

That wouldn't be the first time the Rumble wasn't the show closer. But it needs to be. 

If nothing else, when you know there are more matches to come, you don't feel that anything-can-happen excitement during the Rumble match. You know it has to end sooner than later. 

I would like to think that the reason the womens match is the main event of Rumble is because Ronda Rousey is showing up.  But I don't know.    I will glad when we get to the point where every women's stipulation match won't be treated like it has to be a main event because it is the first

While Lashley vs Roode will be much better than Lashley vs Lesnar and 100 times better than Roode vs Ziggler, it seems like a serious let down

2 minutes ago, CookieMueller said:

Is Nikki Bella officially in? Charlotte just said she hopes she wins very matter-of-factly.

Both Bellas are backstage so that has lead to speculation that they are both in.

That being said - neither is "officially" in

1 minute ago, RIPPA said:

Also - not having the Men's Rumble as the Main Event does allow them to do a "lesser" winner since that isn't what would close the show.

Or if Reigns does win the Rumble at least it won't be the last thing people talk about that night

5 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

KO refusing to answer questions from Peter Rosenberg is gonna be the highlight of the show

I laughed way hard than I should that nobody should spell Bryan as "Brian"  

Okay Kevin saying that Rosenberg pays to be on these shows is the highlight of the show :lol: