DVDVR Message Board

WWE ROYAL RUMBLE 2018 (Jan 28, 2018)

RIPPA

I would love for Big E to win since I'll always see main even potential in him.  But Kofi winning would be such an awesome moment that if he wins I won't badmouth WWE for three days (for me that's a long time)

In reality I see either Balor or Nakamura winning which would still have me extremely excited.  I just can't foresee anybody else winning aside from the four mentioned and don't feel anybody else should win it.  Especially Roman in Philly of all places.

• Haha 2

If they want to give up and finally make Roman a full-on heel, he wins in Philly.

Three men in the ring: Roman, Balor, Nakamura. Number 30 enters: Daniel Bryan. Place explodes.

Bryan in the ring. Soaks in the applause. Roman dumps all three at once to win within 30 seconds of Bryan hitting the ring.

Here is your Kickoff Show Filler

Bobby Roode will do an Open Challenge

Revival vs. Anderson/Gallows

Kalisto/Gran Metalik/Lince Dorado vs. Drew Gulak/TJP/Jack Gallagher

It's kinda sad that they don't have any hot up and coming acts to give a big Rumble win to. I guess you could say in WWE land Balor and Nak aren't that established yet even though they've been in the biz a long time and are over 35. This should've been Stroman's year to wreck shop in the Rumble and challenge Brock at Mania, but ya know Roman and stuff.

11 minutes ago, JCM said:

It's kinda sad that they don't have any hot up and coming acts to give a big Rumble win to. I guess you could say in WWE land Balor and Nak aren't that established yet even though they've been in the biz a long time and are over 35. This should've been Stroman's year to wreck shop in the Rumble and challenge Brock at Mania, but ya know Roman and stuff.

Traditionally, how often has it been an up and coming act that won? 

Yokozuna in 93, Batista in 05, Del Rio in 2011, Reigns in 2015. 

I had Brock in 03 in there at first but he was really the already established guy getting revenge more than anything else.

Is that it? Usually the "up and coming" guy is the one who eliminates a bunch of people but doesn't win.

18 minutes ago, Matt D said:

Traditionally, how often has it been an up and coming act that won? 

Yokozuna in 93, Batista in 05, Del Rio in 2011, Reigns in 2015. 

I had Brock in 03 in there at first but he was really the already established guy getting revenge more than anything else.

Is that it? Usually the "up and coming" guy is the one who eliminates a bunch of people but doesn't win.

Depends if "up and coming" means "actually new" or "starting their first WWE main event push." If it's the latter, you can add Austin, Shawn, Benoit, and Rey to the list.

That's still only about 1/3 of the time, but keep in mind since 2005, MITB mostly took over the "first big push" prop.

• Like 1

It will go to Nakamura or Orton unless they plan to have Balor switch shows. Roman won't win it, but he will last a long while if only to rile up the crowd before someone tosses him out, maybe even at the very end. Baron has no chance. They keep doing every two steps forward one step back with him, and he isn't the guy they would normally give it to anyways unless he was super over or there were already far bigger main events planned. They will give AJ an opponent he can have something special with. If they hadn't screwed up and did Brock/Braun early Braun would have been the perfect guy.

The Women's Rumble supposedly having NXT/PC talent taking up nearly a third of the spots just feels like bs. I still suspect we end up with less than that. I think we get Iconic Duo, Kairi, and maybe Ember & Shayna.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, West Newbury Bad Boy said:

Hypothetical: How riled up would internet folks be if someone like Trish won and challenged Charlotte at WrestleMania? 

I'd be all for it, but I know how much some people hate legends and part timers. 

You are right but I think Trish won't get that negative reaction.  As long as she can still go then I'd be pretty pleased to see her go against the champ.  Though there might be a tad bit of bias on my part.  In reality I see Asuka winning unless they say that a Rumble loss doesn't go against her streak.

23 minutes ago, West Newbury Bad Boy said:

Hypothetical: How riled up would internet folks be if someone like Trish won and challenged Charlotte at WrestleMania? 

I'd be all for it, but I know how much some people hate legends and part timers. 

Very, because I want Liv Morgan versus Charlotte at WrestleMania, with Liv winning. Then Carmella cashes in but fails because it's Liv Morgan's time.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

Final four should be Reigns, Ziggler, Kofi Kingston, and Jason Jordan with Ziggler and Jordan drawing late entries.  Partly for surprise but mainly to limit Ziggler's time in the ring cause I don't want to watch that guy anymore.  Jason Jordan tosses Kofi but Kingston does one of his goofy counters on the floor and then Reigns just shitcans Ziggler into Kofi and gets credited with both eliminations.  Then Reigns tosses Jordan.  I want maximum smark tears.  Both for the result and the mental gymnastics the nerds are going to do to rationalize why Jordan, who they also hate, should've won instead.

8 hours ago, West Newbury Bad Boy said:

In general I don't really see it happening, but the reaction would likely depend on when Asuka is eliminated and by who.

7 hours ago, Brian Fowler said:

I love Trish, but unless Rousey is going to be the shocking surprise, giving it to anyone but Asuku is overthinking it.

I still feel Asuka even being in this is stupid. There is no good reason she shouldn't have already taken the belt off of Alexa or being doing it at the RR.

6 minutes ago, RolandTHTG said:

Being Philadelphia, I suspect there'd be a decent ECW crowd with their "we want blood" chants.

They've done the Rumble in Philly very recently. No such chants. 

So... No.

What better way to silence the crowd than to have Pamela Anderson make her return to the Royal Rumble.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!