DVDVR Message Board

WWE ROYAL RUMBLE 2018 (Jan 28, 2018)

RIPPA

55 minutes ago, Mr Harms said:

I don’t mean to be negative about the show before it airs

Literally everyone that has said anything at all about Stephanie related to the Rumble means to be negative about the show before it airs. It's a very intentional choice.

• Like 1

I'm honestly going to switch commentary to the Japanese team during that match.  Though if Kavita Devi comes out I'm going right to Hindi because I'm sure they'll be losing their minds.

And I'm going with Lashley being a surprise entrant.  He might not get the reaction AJ did two years ago but he deserves another shot if the timing works out.

I don't mean to keep interrupting the Steph hate, but Renee Young was actually not very good as an announcer. Remember her NXT work? There's a reason they have her doing what she's great at - the backstage interviews and Talking Smack type stuff.

• Like 3

The one thing I love about the Royal Rumble is fans going mental predicting who will win it. There's some people I know insisting Daniel Bryan not only comes back but wins it. That CM Punk comes back and wins. FFS, use your head.

Aside from Balor or maybe Shinsuke winning it to challenge AJ, who else is feasible? Braun? Roman again because why the Hell not?

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Ace said:

As long as one of them is either Billie Kay or Payton Royce.

I think both should be locks. 

Bianca Blair I think will be in it as well since they can do cool spots with her hair like they did in the Women's Battle Royal to determine the 4th spot in the Takeover War Games 4 way. 

Abbey Laith should be in as well because she is a Chikara and CZW product so it is a homecoming for her and fills an NXT spot. 

2 hours ago, Marty Sugar said:

The one thing I love about the Royal Rumble is fans going mental predicting who will win it. There's some people I know insisting Daniel Bryan not only comes back but wins it. That CM Punk comes back and wins. FFS, use your head.

Aside from Balor or maybe Shinsuke winning it to challenge AJ, who else is feasible? Braun? Roman again because why the Hell not?

I'd love Orton to win it again and challenge AJ as a heel. I don't think they'll give it to him again this year, but I'd absolutely love it. And people would be sick enough of Orton randomly being shoved down their holes again that they'd buy all the way in on the heel turn. 

But Orton the three time Rumble winner? In back-to-back years after the wet fart he got from booking last year? I don't see it.

So I'm sticking with Balor.