DVDVR Message Board

WWE ROYAL RUMBLE 2018 (Jan 28, 2018)

RIPPA

30 minutes ago, (BP) said:

Considering the bookies inexplicably had 10/1 odds of Bryan entering and winning, I'm going to guess anything short of that is going to get shit on.  

Can't wait. Who is going to be this year's Rey Mysterio? It would be so awesome if THAT'S when Roman comes out. :lol:

speaking of which - you have to assume they will have at least one surprise be an ECW guy

They already recently did Bubba Dudley so I doubt it will be him or D-Von

Tommy Dreamer seems played out.

I guess RVD would be the #1 choice to pander to the crowd

7 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

speaking of which - you have to assume they will have at least one surprise be an ECW guy

They already recently did Bubba Dudley so I doubt it will be him or D-Von

Tommy Dreamer seems played out.

I guess RVD would be the #1 choice to pander to the crowd

Didn't RVD say he couldn't go back to WWE because of a recent (pretty bad) concussion?

2 hours ago, odessasteps said:

Tommy Rich! 

I'd be down for the FBI (not including Chuck Palumbo or Johnny Stamboli) or the bWo.

Speaking of Johnny Stamboli, I've heard that Rellik is killer spelled backwards. Maybe Mike Tenay can confirm that for me.

Simon Diamond and his merry band of misfits would be fun too.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, West Newbury Bad Boy said:

I reckon Balor takes it. 

I'm thinking this more and more. Nobody on Smackdown looks close to getting that slot except KO and Sami, who presumably aren't in it. Roman can get the shot at EC to set up Mania. They rather conspicuously stopped saying "winner gets a championship opportunity for his brand's title" and dropped it to just "championship opportunity" (Christ Vince what's wrong with title shot?) almost exactly like they did in 04. Balor is reinvigorated both as a character and it appears personally by having the Good Brothers with him, people went fucking nuts for him and AJ in October with no story whatsoever. 

The only issue is explaining how he gets the rest of the Bàlor Club onto Smackdown

So WWE won’t even allow me to enjoy the women’s rumble since I’ll have to listen to Steph’s grating voice the whole time. 

Lets keep patting her on the back for creating the women’s revolution. Every entrant must bow to her on their way out. 

I don’t mean to be negative about the show before it airs, but surely WWE are aware she’s insufferable on the microphone.