DVDVR Message Board

WWE ROYAL RUMBLE 2018 (Jan 28, 2018)

RIPPA

Trying to figure out the winner of the men’s Rumble is tricky. If they are indeed sticking to Roman/Brock at Mania, Reigns doesn’t need to win and would probably get booed again if he did. And if a Smackdown guy is winning, who cold be effectively booked against Styles? People say Nakamura but he hasn’t really looked that good and being off TV for a couple of weeks doesn’t usually bode well for your chances in the Rumble. And Cena seems to be working mostly Raw at this point. In fact, the only guy who’s positioned as a storyline challenger after Zayn and Owens right now is Daniel Bryan. So I guess that’s my dark horse pick?

1 hour ago, JonnyLaw said:

I mean at this point, you saying something isn't going to happen with this Rumble is almost a guarantee it will.

:rolleyes: yeah fuck me for thinking Lana, a manager, and Carmella, who already has a championship match anytime she wants it, being in the Royal Rumble is dumb. Never mind the fact that Meltzer said Ronda is in Bogota filming a movie and it's unlikely, but hey, go ahead and be that guy!

13 minutes ago, Godfrey said:

And if a Smackdown guy is winning, who cold be effectively booked against Styles? People say Nakamura but he hasn’t really looked that good and being off TV for a couple of weeks doesn’t usually bode well for your chances in the Rumble. And Cena seems to be working mostly Raw at this point. In fact, the only guy who’s positioned as a storyline challenger after Zayn and Owens right now is Daniel Bryan. So I guess that’s my dark horse pick?

On the subject of Smackdown dark horse picks: Rusev's the most organically over act they've had in forever, and at least used to be presented as credible enough to be champ in a brand-split world. May as well run with it, and see if it has real legs.

Alternatively, I'll go with Balor, who then takes his heel-turned BC to Smackdown, in order to challenge AJ.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Casey said:

:rolleyes: yeah fuck me for thinking Lana, a manager, and Carmella, who already has a championship match anytime she wants it, being in the Royal Rumble is dumb. Never mind the fact that Meltzer said Ronda is in Bogota filming a movie and it's unlikely, but hey, go ahead and be that guy!

I guess maybe don't poo poo the litany of people who told you it was perfectly reasonable to expect Lana and Carmella in the Rumble and gave reasons for each. In Lana's case, it's that she has been wrestling. In Carmella's case, it's redundancy because if she wins the Rumble and loses her world title match, then she still has the briefcase to cash in.

21 minutes ago, Beech27 said:

On the subject of Smackdown dark horse picks: Rusev's the most organically over act they've had in forever, and at least used to be presented as credible enough to be champ in a brand-split world. May as well run with it, and see if it has real legs.

Alternatively, I'll go with Balor, who then takes his heel-turned BC to Smackdown, in order to challenge AJ.

Oh yeah, if the winner can switch brands then there's a bunch of options. Joe and Balor, for sure. Cena would be back in the mix.

Rusev would be a good pick too but again, he hasn't really been positioned that way. I guess that's the point of the Rumble in the first place, to elevate someone. I just can't remember the last time the winner wasn't someone super obvious.

On ‎1‎/‎4‎/‎2018 at 8:12 PM, Kyuubi said:

Stephanie needs a Stone Cold to her Vince. She needs one crazy ass woman to beat the shit out of her on a daily basis. A woman who could give less of a fuck and really just spit on her face anytime Stephanie tries to dress her down because that is the issue. Stephanie tears down people a monthly basis and basically emasculates them. A woman that won't kiss her, her husband's, or her broke down ass dad. It has to be a woman too because this is not the attitude era where women get put through tables for any given reason. 

Nikki Cross needs to be in the main roster yesterday.

Settle down, Hollywood kyuubinetico.

36 minutes ago, Beech27 said:

If the winner has to be from Smackdown, I'd take Rusev as the rumble winner over boring-ass Nakamura.

• Like 1

Probably more likely to have World Champion Shane putting Rusev and DB through a table to write them both off the show. 

Ohhh maybe Shane wins the Rumble and we get a AJ/Shane rematch at Mania this year.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Casey said:

Jeez man take the L.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Beech27 said:

This is my pick as well.

9 hours ago, Sublime said:

Probably more likely to have World Champion Shane putting Rusev and DB through a table to write them both off the show. 

Ohhh maybe Shane wins the Rumble and we get a AJ/Shane rematch at Mania this year.

Or if Owens wins the title from AJ, no better blowoff to the 9 month rivalry then Shane dethroning him at Mania! Shane/AJ was my fav match last year.

Per reports - the following person may or may not have been the person Kurt Angle was talking to last night but will be in the Women’s Royal Rumble

Spoiler

Serena Deeb

• Like 2

If it doesn't happen on RAW, it doesn't count ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

The story is...

Former WWE star Serena Deeb was spotted in Pittsburgh, PA today according to PWInsider.

They were told there has been interest in bringing her back to the company of late. It appears she was in the Steel City for the usual pre-signing medical testing.

http://squaredcirclesirens.com/wwe-looking-to-bring-back-serena-deeb/

Also - on the radio show, Meltzer said the number of spots for "legends" in the Women's Rumble is between 2-4 because "a lot" of NXT women will be in it.

Who knows what "a lot" means but based on all the math we have been doing in the thread - I would say a half dozen

• Sad 1

Always limiting to as few legends as possible.. oh well, if Serena is in (or back for good) all is well. Was hoping Lita would be in and figured at least Trish would be in. the Bellas were included in the legends returning for Raw 25 commercial so they'll be in for sure.

Would anybody remember Serena Deeb if she were a surprise entrant in the Rumble? She was only around in WWE briefly for the Straight Edge Society, had a shaved head, and never actually wrestled. Seems like the buzzer would sound and she'd come out to silence.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, MonteCarl said:

Would anybody remember Serena Deeb if she were a surprise entrant in the Rumble? She was only around in WWE briefly for the Straight Edge Society, had a shaved head, and never actually wrestled. Seems like the buzzer would sound and she'd come out to silence.

In Philly they will

• Like 1