DVDVR Message Board

WWE ROYAL RUMBLE 2018 (Jan 28, 2018)

RIPPA

Man even though it seems soon, it is still 6 months away.

Anyway

Announced so far

Brock Lesnar vs. Kane vs. Braun Strowman - Universal Title

Men's Royal Rumble Match - Elias is 1st person officially entered

Women's Royal Rumble Match - Naomi is 1st SDL women in*

* - the WWE website reads weird since they made sure to say 1st Smackdown woman... but there is no one else listed who would officially be in it from RAW

7 hours ago, The Green Meanie said:

Part of the issue is we don't know the number of entrants yet.

On 12/21/2017 at 5:04 AM, RIPPA said:

Per Meltzer - the plan is for the women’s rumble to have 30 entrants 

I mean, plans could change, but it’s not like we have no idea.

1. Alicia Fox

2. Asuka

3. Bayley

4. Dana Brooke

5. Mandy Rose

6. Mickie James

7. Nia Jax

8. Paige

9. Sasha Banks

10. Sonya Deville

11. Becky Lynch

12. Carmella

13. Lana

14. Liv Morgan

15. Naomi

16. Nattie

17. Ruby Riott

18. Sarah Logan

19. Tamina

Using NXT Talent:

20. Billie Kay

21. Ember Moon

22. Kairi Sane

23. Lacey Evans

24. Nikki Cross

25. Peyton Royce

26. Taynara Conti

27. Zelina Vega

That leaves room for some combo of Stephanie McMahon/Trish Stratus/Beth Phoenix/Brie Bella/Nikki Bella/Ronda Rousey/Shanya Blazer/Eve Torres/Dana Warrior/Eva Marie

I would think Beth and Trish are locks since Beth is (I believe) the only woman alive to have Royal Rumble experience and Trish is considered to be one of the greatest WWE women ever. I think Steph would be in it because I can't imagine the face of the Women's Revolution not being in the match.

Pro Wrestling Sheet or Meltzer - I forget who - had a story that the WWE has already contacted Lita, Trish Stratus, Beth Phoenix and Kelly Kelly.

They want to make the women's Rumble as important as the men's rumble so apparently they are hoping to get a lot of "names"

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Iron Moose said:

I'd add Alexa... it seems reasonable to deploy the "champ in the rumble to avoid a title defense" line given Asuka coming for her. By that logic, we can add Charlotte...

Charlotte flat out said that because she is champ she isn't in the Rumble. And RAW sure seemed to imply that Alexa isn't in either since she is Champ

12 hours ago, Brysynner said:

1. Alicia Fox

2. Asuka

3. Bayley

4. Dana Brooke

5. Mandy Rose

6. Mickie James

7. Nia Jax

8. Paige

9. Sasha Banks

10. Sonya Deville

11. Becky Lynch

12. Carmella

13. Lana

14. Liv Morgan

15. Naomi

16. Nattie

17. Ruby Riott

18. Sarah Logan

19. Tamina

Using NXT Talent:

20. Billie Kay

21. Ember Moon

22. Kairi Sane

23. Lacey Evans

24. Nikki Cross

25. Peyton Royce

26. Taynara Conti

27. Zelina Vega

That leaves room for some combo of Stephanie McMahon/Trish Stratus/Beth Phoenix/Brie Bella/Nikki Bella/Ronda Rousey/Shanya Blazer/Eve Torres/Dana Warrior/Eva Marie

I would think Beth and Trish are locks since Beth is (I believe) the only woman alive to have Royal Rumble experience and Trish is considered to be one of the greatest WWE women ever. I think Steph would be in it because I can't imagine the face of the Women's Revolution not being in the match.

There's going to be such a negative reaction if Stephanie is in the rumble. Remember, it is in Philly. I'd say there's zero chance she'll be in it.

35 minutes ago, Niners Fan in CT said:

Kaitlyn has been posting a ton of wrestling training videos,  she's on good terms with WWE too.  A comeback is a possibility. 

She has an indy date scheduled for February 2018. So I'd say there's more than a good chance of that happening.

52 minutes ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

There's going to be such a negative reaction if Stephanie is in the rumble. Remember, it is in Philly. I'd say there's zero chance she'll be in it.

Never doubt the delusion of a McMahon. Also if she wins then she can say that all the boos were people booing her character.

• Sad 1

So after this week's shows - known entrants (per wwe.com)

Men

Randy Orton

Shinsuke Nakamura

Elias

Women 

Naomi

Asuka

Ruby Riott

Natalya (announced via Youtube after SDL)

There are Youtube videos up on the website with Bayley and Nia both talking about being in the match but neither is "officially" entered yet