DVDVR Message Board

Smackdown is RUSEV CLAUS & AIDEN THE SNOWMAN!

Rev Ray

I'm dead serious, Rusev can ride this train to world champ and Aiden will be the best heel on the roster when he turns on Rusev.

Between that and Fashion Police, they need to let the guys book their own angles from now on. Because, gee whiz, wrestlers get over by being themselves on camera. 

Like New Day literally just do that goofiest shit and it works because you can completely believe Xavier wants to dress like a muppet on live TV and scream when they try and flapjack him.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

10 hours ago, Eivion said:

So is Ziggler gone?

I am going to assume this will be a  really weak version of what Naito did in New Japan where he takes the belt only because he wants to embarrass and destroy everything around the belt.  Except that Vince wouldn't let him actually damage it which was the awesome part  

I loved every single thing about Rusev Day vs. New Day, from the backstage bits to the match.  Corey deserves some love for his commentary during it, him sounding incredulous over everything Christmas-related was awesome stuff.

• Like 4

5 hours ago, hammerva said:

I am going to assume this will be a  really weak version of what Naito did in New Japan where he takes the belt only because he wants to embarrass and destroy everything around the belt.  Except that Vince wouldn't let him actually damage it which was the awesome part  

That's a shame. That US Title belt really could use an updated look.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Keep Calm, Akira Hokuto On said:

WWE Films got the rights to a David Coverdale biopic?

I wonder who in the WWE could play Ritchie Blackmore. He did some horrible pranks on people that would make even the best ribbers in wrestling be like "damn".

Ziggler is more suited to play John Sykes. He does all this amazing work only to get shown the door cause Coverdale wants people who work for scale.  That's Ziggler in a nutshell. "I do all this amazing work, and what do I get for it? NOTHING"

Not sure where the Ziggler angle is going, but I hope it goes somewhere at least.

I think it says something about Rusev that he's able to excel even in a midcard comedy angle like this. I don't think he's ever going to be the main event at this point. But who knows. 

I still think building him up as this monster for a year only to job him out to Cena was a mistake, and he never recovered from that. Not to mention, you really accomplish nothing by using Rusev to put over a made man like Cena.

• Like 2

It's almost always the kiss of death when you get pigeon holed as a comedy guy, but New Day buck the trend pretty solidly and hopefully Rusev can as well and maybe get a decent face run close to the top. He deserves better than the fate of guys like Sandow. I mean Sandow deserved better too, but ya know WWE gotta WWE.

• Like 2

On 22/12/2017 at 11:04 PM, quackhell said:

It's almost always the kiss of death when you get pigeon holed as a comedy guy, but New Day buck the trend pretty solidly and hopefully Rusev can as well and maybe get a decent face run close to the top. He deserves better than the fate of guys like Sandow. I mean Sandow deserved better too, but ya know WWE gotta WWE.

Sandow's problem was he got over copying The Miz's actions. And once that ended, they couldn't transition him into another role.

Rusev will be fine because Rusev Day is general enough that it can work without English. 

Thats not trying to knock Sandow. Dude deserves a medal for getting "stunt double" over.